CSR review for our arrival night

gogo

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to post my thoughts on our one night stay at CSR last week. We chose CSR for our arrival night. We've stayed at CSR twice before for longer stays. We arrived at the resort between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m. It seemed to take a long time on the ME bus after stopping at several other resorts first. I forgot to attach the ME tags on our suitcases, so I had to get them from baggage claim myself and the driver loaded them on the bus.

Check in was quick. I reserved a water view room. In hindsight, I should have booked a preferred location because we were not in the room long enough to enjoy the view (do they have preferred location at CSR?)

When I wheeled our suitcases to the area by the waterfountain in front of the valet window, a cm asked if I wanted him to drive us to our room. I was so happy to have this service. It was dark and even though we have been to CSR before, I've never stayed in the Cabanas section. The cm was super nice and he loaded our suitcases on and off the cart. We would have had a hard time finding our room without him. My son wanted to eat as soon as we dropped the suitcases off and the cm offered to wait and take us back to Pepper Market for dinner. I declined the offer because I wanted to freshen up for a few minutes. This was a much appreciated service:goodvibes

After leaving our room, I became familiar with the surroundings and we headed to the Pepper Mkt. Our room was in Cabanas 8A, second floor. The pool entrance was literally at the bottom of the steps of the room. There was a nice view of the lake although Pepper Mkt. was a little hike but not too bad.

Dinner at Pepper Market was good. I got the steak fajitas (sp?) and my son got the barritos. We enjoyed our dinner and service was good as well. It was nice because I know PM can get chaotic but at this time of day it was not crowded at all.

My son enjoyed the hot tub for a while later that evening and after some quick ping pong it was off to bed. I got up early the next day to enjoy a walk around the resort with my coffee. I stopped at Cafe Rix around 8:00 a.m. and the place was a zoo. The lines were very disorganized and people were standing in refillable mug line, pastry/coffee line, 2 check out lines, hot food line, etc., (you get the idea)

I ordered a double cappaccino and a cheese danish. It was sooooo cold last Friday morning I needed to eat inside. The danish was very good but I could not believe how weak the coffee was. It literally tasted like hot water with a little bit of milk. For $5.00, I was not happy. I returned to the counter and informed the cm that the Double Cappaccino was weak. She made me a regular coffee with a side of espresso on the side. This was much better. I will add, that even though Cafe Rix was crazy busy everyone was in a good mood and therefore really no problems with that aspect.

Even though it was really cold outside, I enjoyed my walk around the resort. I really like CSR. Maybe next visit we can stay a little longer. We were off to BWI, standard CL later that a.m.

Happy travels!!!!

Thanks for the review - glad you had a nice quick stay at CSR/ I'm excited to hear your BWI report! The location is amazing over there!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter