csr questions

kimcshan

Earning My Ears
First, I'm a little confused by the "preferred rooms" category at CSR. Can someone point me to information about where they are? I'm thinking that booking a preferred room is the best way to make sure you're not too far away from El Centro.
However, if you've booked a preferred room and you ask at check-in if a non-preferred room in a location you are happy with is available, and it is, can you "downgrade" at that time and save some money? I'd hate to just make a request for a location without spending the money for a preferred room and end up in the back of beyond (because I know requests are not guaranteed), but at the same time I'd hate to spend a couple of hundred dollars for a room in a particular spot and have essentially the room next door available without the premium.
Also, how far in advance can you book a room at Disney?
Thanks for the help.
Kim from Kansas

First, I'm a little confused by the "preferred rooms" category at CSR. Can someone point me to information about where they are? I'm thinking that booking a preferred room is the best way to make sure you're not too far away from El Centro.
However, if you've booked a preferred room and you ask at check-in if a non-preferred room in a location you are happy with is available, and it is, can you "downgrade" at that time and save some money? I'd hate to just make a request for a location without spending the money for a preferred room and end up in the back of beyond (because I know requests are not guaranteed), but at the same time I'd hate to spend a couple of hundred dollars for a room in a particular spot and have essentially the room next door available without the premium.
Also, how far in advance can you book a room at Disney?
Thanks for the help.
Kim from Kansas

Hi, Kim. First, check out the "unofficial" thread in my signature--there is lots of helpful information in the first page or two.

Preferred rooms are in Casitas 1, 2 and 3 -- these buildings are close to El Centro (registration, food, lounge and gift shop), but a further walk from the main pool.

I'm not positive, but I thought you could book a year before (it might be a little less than that).

Thanks, KatMark. It seems like the right answer always is "check my thread"--you do such a great job of posting all the information, spreading the CSR news and helping everyone who's staying there plan and have a great vacation. So thanks for that, I know I'm going to be using it a lot over the next year as I plan.

Do you happen to know the answer to the "downgrade" question--I haven't come across that yet. I think I definitely am going to book preferred, because after looking at the pictures I really prefer the theming of the casitas and because proximity to El Centro is more important to our vacation than the pool. However, casitas 4 or 5 would be fine, so if I have booked a preferred room and find out at check in that I could get a room in casitas 4or 5, will they let me downgrade? I haven't come across that in the thread yet (although I must admit I read the first few pages and then skipped to page 100, and I'm still not all the way through, so it may be there). Just curious. And cheap!

Thanks
Kim from Kansas

Thanks, KatMark. It seems like the right answer always is "check my thread"--you do such a great job of posting all the information, spreading the CSR news and helping everyone who's staying there plan and have a great vacation. So thanks for that, I know I'm going to be using it a lot over the next year as I plan.

Do you happen to know the answer to the "downgrade" question--I haven't come across that yet. I think I definitely am going to book preferred, because after looking at the pictures I really prefer the theming of the casitas and because proximity to El Centro is more important to our vacation than the pool. However, casitas 4 or 5 would be fine, so if I have booked a preferred room and find out at check in that I could get a room in casitas 4or 5, will they let me downgrade? I haven't come across that in the thread yet (although I must admit I read the first few pages and then skipped to page 100, and I'm still not all the way through, so it may be there). Just curious. And cheap!

Thanks
Kim from Kansas

I guess I skipped that question because I didn't know the answer to it. Personally, we prefer Casitas 4 and 5 as they are closer to the quie tpool, Bus Stop 2 (although we only use the bus every couple of years as we rent a car and drive) and I like the fountains at those two buildings. Hopefully, someone will ahve an answer to your question. Have fun planning.

I don't know about down-grading once you get there. I would probably do the opposite -- book a standard room and if I don't like the location, ask if I can upgrade to a preferred room for the cost.

I can tell you that you can book on the Disney website through 12/31/11. If you call WDW Reservations, you can book 500 days out, but you can only book for room-only. The deposit will be the highest rack rate for 2011 and the price per night will adjust when 2012 rates are released, usually in August. If you want to book a package that includes tickets and possibly a dining plan, you're better off waiting until the 2012 rates are released. You can't just swap from a room-only reservation to a package reservation because each type of reservation is handled by a different "arm" of WDW. You would wind up getting the room-only deposit refunded and have to give the $200 deposit for the package reservation. It would be simpler to book the reservation you want initially.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter