CSR or POR

goofygirl77

Earning My Ears
DH and Myself have decided to take a mini get away 6/8 - 6/11. I just really need to get away from cubicle life....I'm sure there are others out there in my situation. Booked the airfare, but I don't know where to stay. We were looking for a mod. resort...thinking CSR (never been) or POR (have been and really enjoyed). Any opinions? Is CSR a far ride to most of the parks? Help. I must book soon. Thank You!!!:confused3

If you are looking for al ittle getaway, I reccomend at Port Orleans resort. Have you tried to see if pofq was availible? From what Ive heard that is a pretty romantic place.

I've stayed at both. I love the little garden areas at POR. Ironically, we're staying at CSR during the week of the 11th. We stayed there once in April a few years ago for a conference. One thing we noted then, was it's so open, it would get really hot in the summer. I'm pale, so open doesn't appeal to me in the summer. DH has another conference, which is why we're going to CSR. I'd choose POR if we could choose, though.

DH and Myself have decided to take a mini get away 6/8 - 6/11. I just really need to get away from cubicle life....I'm sure there are others out there in my situation. Booked the airfare, but I don't know where to stay. We were looking for a mod. resort...thinking CSR (never been) or POR (have been and really enjoyed). Any opinions? Is CSR a far ride to most of the parks? Help. I must book soon. Thank You!!!:confused3
Check out my CSR website below for pics and info. CSR is a great resort that has some deluxe amenities. There is a fitness center, salon, full menu room service and spa. You can get his/her massages.

CSR is centrally located with quick rides to all the parks. It is ony 5 mins from MGM and AK, 7 mins from Epcot and 10 mins from MK. Also, the buses do not share with another resort.

Unless you're a creature of habit, I'd go with CSR to try something new! We enjoyed POR, but if and when we go back I'd try another resort. (And unless you really want/need alot of shade, like KirstenB mentioned.) :goodvibes

My vote is for POR! I've been there twice and we're going back in 2008. But, ultimately, it's up to you - which theming do you think you would enjoy more? I love all the trees and vegitation at POR. I don't think I'd like the theme of CSR as well. However, there are die-hard fans of both resorts. So, you can't really go wrong either way.

Treat yourself to CSR! It is a romantic resort w/ white sandy beaches. A wonderful TS restaurant. The pool and transportation are bothe wonderful. We really enjoyed our stay at CSR and we've never stayed at POR. But we're from the south so POR is similar to what we see on a daily basis in this area.

Good luck deciding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter