CSR or POFQ????

parith1114

DIS Veteran
We have definitely decided on a split stay, AoA and a mod. I'm having a hard time deciding, and the family isn't much help. I love the look of CSR, but worry about it's size. We have stayed at POR before and really liked the atmoshpere, but want to try something else. So...give me the good, the bad, and the ugly about these two resorts. Buses, size, food, beds, atmosphere...tell me your favorites, and please help me make this decision. :thumbsup2

I have stayed at both several times. Both are great resorts. If your children are older, I would recommend CSR. They will like the pool slide better. If your kids are 7 or younger, they will like the POFQ pool.

At CSR: Take a walk around the lake at night. It is gorgeous!
At POFQ: Grab a beignet and hop aboard the boat to DTD.

The buses are less crowded at CSR if that is a factor for you. There are queen beds at CSR. It has been a while since we stayed at POFQ so they may have upgraded to queens there since I have stayed.

These are my two favorite mods. ::yes:: I give a slight edge to CSR for the pool area but POFQ comes in a close second for dining. Have fun!

My kids are going to be 12 and 10 when we are there. We are booked for POFQ right now but I was thinking of CSR because of the pool. But since it will be February... Will it even be nice enough for swimming?? Not sure .

We've stayed at both and just don't care for POFQ. Some people like the small size but for us it was way too small, and the food court was tiny and limited. We love CSR. It's huge, gorgeous landscaping and theming, 24 hr fitness center, spa, amazing pool and quiet pool, beach volleyball, jog trail...QUEEN BEDS!:goodvibes

All of POFQ rooms now have queen beds. The food court IS small but you are withinh walking distance of POR and can use their good court. They also have a TS restaurant. And you can pool hop to POR with no problem.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

We have been in February many times for cheerleading. We will be there again this year. Some years is it great for swimming and other years not so much. The girls did swim last February when we were there. It was beautiful! :thumbsup2

I loved both resorts (and would recommend both) but I have to say that after staying at POFQ and it being so small I think I would choose POFQ.

I liked the size of pofq but wasn't a fan of the food court at all. Food court at csr much better. Think POR is my fave so far but would choose CSR over POFQ.

Thanks for all the input...I have booked CSR for now. I'm unfortunately an over thinker and may change before it is all said and done. :confused3

I can't wait to walk around the grounds, the pictures are STUNNING! Would anyone recommend a certain location?

Ugh! Over thinker = middle name! I am considering taking a poll & letting the kids vote: POR, FQ or CSR! They would love the pool at CSR, but I think I would live the size of FQ, & proximity to the fishing & biking at POR.

I SOOO wish we could do a split stay, but having to do 2 packages just doesn't make sense financially. Didn't actually run the numbers, but I'm sure it would make zero sense! :-(

We will do PORFQ for NYE and CSR starting Jan 10! CSR with RO offer for Business Room (with something like a club level) was almost same price! You can buy more tickets for the first stay (with s/p/d offer) and use it on the second stay (14 days from your first day)!
Good luck!

If there is a FD offer coming for Aug-Sept of 2013, would there be a better chance of taking advantage of that offer with a room at CSR or POFQ? Do both of these resorts usually have available rooms for this offer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter