Crystal Palace vs Liberty Tree Tavern

Mnchknbrat1982

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for an ADR in Magic Kingdom which one do you prefer and why? How is the food at either one? Service, etc.

I've eaten at both, Crystal Palace for lunch and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Crystal Palace, the food is delicious, the character interaction fantastic, its beautiful! And the service was excellent as well.

Liberty Tree Tavern had good character interaction but the dinner isn't the greatest food. I mean, its ok, but the food at Crystal Palace was much better.

However, i've seen photos of the lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern and it looks great but it isn't a character meal so if you want a character meal lunch will be out at Liberty Tree Tavern.

I've only eaten at CP and it was really good. The character interaction was great and so was the food. There is more variety here than at LTT.

We LOVE Crystal Palace breakfast. They have a huge assortment of foods, even my picky 3 year old loves it. The characters are great and spend a lot of time with the tables. We make a point to eat here every trip.
We have never had dinner at LTT but are trying it this trip. We have had lunch at LTT several times and loved the food.

I would say Crystal Palace simply because there is such a variety of food that there is bound to be something everyone in your party likes. I like LTT as well, but only when I'm in the mood for "Thanksgiving" type food :)

I've always liked the food at both locations although I lean towards CP more. Never had bad service at either place.

You will get SO many different opinions so you'll just have to decide for yourself in the end.

I've eaten at both a few times.

We much prefer CP.

We didn't really enjoy the food at LTT. It is Thankgiving type food but my girls didn't like their mac and cheese (Stouffers) or the pepper in the corn. My kids also didn't enjoy the turkey either.

A pro for LTT is that you are seated and served rather than a buffet where you must help yourself. Also, I did enjoy the salad dressing and the yummy butter and rolls.

We love the CP food selections and its one of my girls favorite restaurants.

Good luck deciding!

I would love to eat at LTT for dinner with the characters, but the food really puts me off. I know it's the traditional thanksgiving dinner, but I wish they had a little bit more variety. It sounds like school cafeteria food to me! Their lunch menu sounds much more interesting, but obviously no characters. I was planning to try Crystal Palace for dinner on my next trip, so glad to hear some positives.

Stouffers??? Good grief, there is no way I'd get my DH in there!

It looks to me everyone loved the Crystal palace. How many characters do you see. like i know it's winnie the poo. but is it everyone like roo, eyore, kanga, piglet, tigger? and i hear the food is amazing! and the apperance. yes that is one of our choices right now. but we are all still debating over it. thanks for the help. <3 :cheer2: woot woot<3 go to WDW in April the 14-24

We eat at both places every time we go to Disney. We eat dinner at LT and always eat breafast and a dinner at CP. The food and character interaction is great both places. If I had to pick just one, I would say CP because of the variety.

CP has Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet. We've eaten there 3 times, and the last time wasn't so great (but that was about 5 years ago or so), so we took a break from it. We are going to give it another whirl on our upcoming trip, though. We do realize that we may have just hit it on an off day or something (since our other 2 visits were great). :)

We did LTT for dinner on our trip last year. I can't say that we will be rushing back there. Our server was very pleasant, but disappeared for lengths of time when we needed things. He also charged my 2yo for the meal, so we had to wait to get that fixed. We didn't care much for the food, either...thought it was kind of bland. For the cost of that dinner, we just didn't think it was worth it. I will say, though, that the character interaction was great!!! :thumbsup2

You have two different venues. CP is a buffet. Lunch is very good, but go for a late lunch (around 2:30) and you'll also get dinner food when they put that out for the price of lunch.

LTT is served family style. Not as much choice, but still good food. Lunch is served from a menu (we love lunch there). Dinner has ham, turkey and flank steak, plus the sides. Dinner has characters, lunch has none.

I'm looking for an ADR in Magic Kingdom which one do you prefer and why? How is the food at either one? Service, etc.

I like both! They are very different tho. If I could only choose one, I would choose Crystal Palace. More variety for one thing :) I have had good service at both. CP for breakfast is a tradition for us and a favorite thing to do. Good luck with your decision :)

I am probably one of the few that did not like crystal palace at all. It is your typical buffet with people all over the place. I also felt like we were being rushed to eat because of the waiting line. I loved liberty tree tavern through. the food was very good and the atmosphere was calmer. I didn't feel rushed to finish my meal at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter