Crystal Palace: Breakfast or Lunch?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
We are going to MK on our last day (towncar will pick us up at resort @ 5pm). The girls (ages 12 & 13) love Pooh, so I want to do CP that day... do any of you have preferences over breakfast or lunch? I am leaning towards breakfast, but I am worried that crowds will stack up during the morning while we are eating and we will miss the relatively slow time. Plus, since this is our check-out day, getting there very early could be tough.

(BTW, this will be a Thursday in June, and we will have gone to the MK once earlier in the trip).

We have done both and actually now prefer the lunch we book it before noon and have a light breakfast at the resort to save room for lunch. If you go early (I booked 11:45 pm for this upcoming trip) the place will be nearly empty. On our december trip in 2003 we had lunch at 11:50 and there we only about 100 people in the entire place. We got a ton of pictures with the characters tiger even sat down with us for 5 mins and colored with my DD 3 yo .

We love the first lunch seating. That way we can enjoy the slower morning time in the park, and also, I think their lunch food is pretty good, while the breakfast food is pretty average. Not bad, but average.

We LOVED having lunch here. The food was really good and we enjoyed the characters coming over to the table. It was a nice touch for my DD because she was chosen to be Chef of the Day. :D

I think lunch would be the best option. Gives you time in the morning when the park is slowest. We've only done dinner there which was crowded. Would love to do it at a slower time.

Definitely breakfast!!!! Although I must say that we have never been there for lunch but that's because we go about 3 times for breakfast each trip... it's that good!!!!! Great food, beautiful atmosphere and the best character interaction around!!!

WE've done last breakfast sitting and first lunch seating. Both work out pretty well with the park crowds. Food is good at both. so IMHO it just depends on which menu appeals to you more.

We love the breakfast here!!!! :) Haven't done the lunch, but we make sure to eat breakfast here at least once a trip & now enjoy the dinner here too! We opt for a late breakfast, which can be scheduled similar to the early lunch - we skip lunch the days we eat a big breakfast anywhere. The breakfast is very popular with lots of tasty options. HTH! :)

the first lunch seating, and then you can enjoy the rest of the park, while everyone one else is eating lunch

I agree...first lunch seating definitely! Not as crowded & still have time to enjoy the park a little bit before having to leave.

We had breakfast there and got an 8:10am PS. This was perfect since we were out of breakfast right as the park opened at 9:00am! We were at the rope at Adventure Land right when they opened. It was a nice way to start our Disney trip! The food was really great...hot and fresh! There was tons to choose from. My sister, however, went for lunch, not breakfast and loved it too~ so I'd recommend deciding on which ever one fits into your itinerary the best. If you can't get an 8:00 am PS for breakfast, I'd recommend a lunch sitting so you don't miss the park opening at 9:00am. Have a great time!!!!
:jumping1: :jumping1:

I am going to vote for a late breakfast. We just did this last week. We had a 10:30 seating and the characters were great. SInce they were closing out the place for breakfast around 11:30 they offered to take group pictures with our family and ALL the characters. It was great. The CM said they usually do this every morning when breakfast is over. We went on an early entry day and still did lots before breakfast. I have to say when we left, there were tons of people outside waiting to get inside for lunch... Just my 2 cents... Have fun! :wave2:

I've done both. I'd do the breakfast if you can get a PS before opening. A nice relaxing way to start the day and so pretty to see Main St. so empty.

I've also done early lunch which I prefer on EE mornings. It is right when we could use a break.

Whatever works for you!
Have a wonderful trip!:bounce:

Originally posted by chamonix
We love the first lunch seating. That way we can enjoy the slower morning time in the park, and also, I think their lunch food is pretty good, while the breakfast food is pretty average. Not bad, but average.

What time is the first lunch seating. Do they start lunch at 11:00 or 11:30 (or maybe later?).

Thanks!

We love the breakfast at CP. The thing is you're talking about a Thursday which is EE day at the MK. It's going to be crowded and if you don't get there early because of checkout then getting there in time for bkft is actually a good thing. Maybe shoot for a 10am seating. If things go smoothly and you check out early, you will be able to ride some things before bkft.

Another vote for early lunch. It gives us time to do a lot of attractions in the morning and then get out of the heat and have some time with the characters and ice cream :sunny:

David

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter