Crystal & Jeff's (AlternateEgo) Planning Journal: Three more days!! 9/6/09

So I have FINALLY assembled my invitations, stuffed them, addressed them... and now they are stamped and ready to be dropped off to the post office. I am so happy cause 7/15 was my projected date to have them sent off.

:banana: One of these days I might get a picture.

I want a new camera since my Kodak Easy Share has been abused over the last two years. I don't even have fresh batteries in it, so haven't taken pictures since probably Christmas.

i just read your PJ and let me say you are one budget savey bride! i really wish i could be that good. your dress is beautiful. i like the flowers, and your hair will look really pretty with a viel.
I wish we could have a wedding at home, but my DF is from MI and im from NM. so we decided to save the drama and have it in Florida so both families will have to travel.

looking forward to hearing more!

i just read your PJ and let me say you are one budget savey bride! i really wish i could be that good. your dress is beautiful. i like the flowers, and your hair will look really pretty with a viel.
I wish we could have a wedding at home, but my DF is from MI and im from NM. so we decided to save the drama and have it in Florida so both families will have to travel.

looking forward to hearing more!

Why thank you!!

I admit I have ventured off budget a bit and really have no idea where I am with it right now... but I promise that I haven't charged a penny!

I am keeping a record of what I have left to pay out and that is:

$1,370.00

Plus we have $1,000 left to pay on Disney. Our date for the final payment is 7/24

Forgot to mention....

My etsy order came in yesterday!! Just as cute as I thought they would be. :)

Will post pictures when I can. They might be cell phone pics... but at least they will be pics.

Also... my bridal shower is this Sunday! :lovestruc

It sounds like you're making progress, and finding some deals too! Don't you just love Hobby Lobby? Your veil sounds gorgeous.

Thanks!! We had tons of fun!

My MOH (my youngest sister) has never been to a wedding, let alone a bridal shower (and why did I picked her for my MOH??? :) Ok because I love her anyway) so my mom really helped her out.

We had about 16 family member show up, one of which is from Florida and another from Chicago. I was really surprised at how many people were able to attend.

My sister had her boyfriend’s mom bake the cake. She asked me for two weeks what kind of cake I wanted and I kept telling her it didn't matter. So last week she asked about the cake again, and I said, strawberry or lemon cake sounds yummy.

So once everyone got there, we started out with some dreaded games. The first one is where you can't say certain word or you lose your pin. Well the words were: Crystal, Jeff, Bride, Groom, & Wedding. I was soooo winning until I said something about "wedding planning". This game played through the whole event.

Next we had a word scramble. (I thought it was weird that they didn't mix up the games with other things... but then again, I was always the party planner). So I think I scored 6, the words were VERY hard.

The last game was rather humorous. We had these little containers that looked like jello shots. They had a little red heart in the bottom and were filled with ice. So they are passing these out and Jeff's aunt from FL was like... are we doing jello shots???? And I about died from embarrassment. So the rules were you can’t touch the ice itself, but you can put it anywhere on your body to melt it. We all started rubbing the cube between our hands and then Jeff’s grandmother stuck it between her breast. :scared1: Pretty much after that, all hell broke loose and people started acting all crazy to get the ice to melt.

Then of course we had some snacks and opened presents. I was really surprised at all the wonderful gifts we received.

Then came time for the cake and my sister revealed the cake she had been so excited and secretive about. It was a 10” round layered cake with strawberry AND lemon cake with a buttercream frosting. The colors were orange and purple (not real sure why THOSE colors, lol) but at any rate I am proud of my sister.

So I definitely had a great time… then we got a call from the guys that went golfing during the shower. They were calling to tell use they loved us… nah they really called cause they needed a designated driver to get home. :)

Talked to my wonderful photographer today!!

He is definitely my dirty little splurge of the wedding ;)

But of course I haven't seen any work better than his either.

So a lot of things are happening and so quickly! Time is flying by!
I got my invitations out and had my bridal shower (which I may have said already). And I have received about 12 response cards back with all accepts!
I went to my florist on tuesday and worked out some linen additions, so my total florist bill has came to $472.
Next on the list, we went to MW today and got the styles picked out for the guys. They will be wearing black suits with white shirts, vests, and ties. Black and silver cuff links, black suspenders, and black and white shoes. They are going to look sharp!
Went to fredericks of hollywood to get a corset to suck me in. The one I found online was not carried by that store, so I got another and headed of to davids bridal for my alterations. I decided to go with the super full petticoat and 2" heals to avoid the $120 hem charge. I got the bustle added, costing $64 and go back in two weeks to pick her up :)
We had a pretty good day! Well except the part where the groomsmen decided the tux fitting was optional today... And I'm about to have a fit on them! Tuxes are supposed to be ordered by next sat!

I'm headed for Florida today! Have a wonderful, beautiful wedding day and hope we run into you next week! :yay:

Wow! I just came across your pj, and you are defiinitely one penny-wise bride! Awesome. BTW your cakes sounds yummy and everything sounds so great. It's almost here!

So I have been SOOO busy with last minute details that I haven't had time to even think about coming in and posting.

Friday I went to the local Dollar Tree and bought 5 mugs and took them to Things Remembered to get them personalized. 3 of the mugs have the name and a little design (total cost = $9 each plus tax) 1 of the mugs I had engraved "#1 Fan Chicago Cubs" for my future hubby - (total cost = $15) and last was FH's friends mug. He wanted something "extra" on it. It has his recipe for Crown Royal & Diet Pepsi... (total cost = $45 :scared1:) I also got our parents a cute photo album with "Thank you, Crystal & Jeff, 9/6/09" (Those were $46 each & I had to get 3 - My mom, my dad, and his mom)

Saturday we went and picked up the suits - $75, ordered the alcohol - $250:scared1:, and I got the schedule lined out for my servers (friends of a bridesmaid). They are going to serve for $8 an hour and I am estimating 3.5 hours each. Also had my mom fold all the programs, which turned out really cute.

Sunday I sat on my couch with a notebook and tried to figure out just how much food I am going to need. I have been buying food on sale and freezing it for months now... but now I have to get the fresh foods and figure everything out.

Monday I went to Sam's Club and spent almost $200 on fresh foods. I still have to buy potatoes, and some other smaller items, that I didn't need a Sam's Club size for.

Earlier in the day I printed out order of events for the bridal party, for the rehearsal and the preachers entire program.

I also picked up my order from Things Remembered and it looks great! I was a little disappointed in the size of the engraving on the mugs. Most of them were tiny (maybe cause the mugs are huge??), except the Cubs mug was perfect sizing.

Today (well tonight) I am going to do a deep cleaning of the house. I am sure we will have a lot of family stopping by to see the new house and I want to make sure it is in tip top shape.

Tomorrow I am off to get my hair highlighted and trimmed.

Thursday
I have an appointment to get a spray tan. I have been going for the past month to make sure I like it and perfecting the technique, so hopefully everything will be nice, even, and still dark by Sunday - If not, I am going to make a second appointment on Saturday.

Friday... well hopefully we will start cleaning the reception site. I have heard stories... so I want to get it finished as soon as possible and not be worrying about it on Saturday.

Saturday I am scheduled to get my nails done. I wanted to just get a french tip to my regular nails, but apparently my stress has them breaking all over... So if I absolutely HAVE to, I will get acrylic nails.

I then will pick up our cakes. I ended up getting a 6" 2 layer - White cake with raspberry filling and velvet dawn whip cream icing, an 8" 2 layer - Strawberry cake with lemon filling and velvet dawn whip cream icing, a 10" 2 layer - Banana cake with Bavarian Cream filling and velvet dawn whip cream icing, and a 10" 2 layer - Chocolate peanut butter delight with chocolate peanut butter filling and icing with a Chicago Cubs edible image (grooms cake and he is clueless). Total servings are 84 "party" size slices - cost is $121.33 including tax. I plan to place them in a cascade style and wrap a black ribbon around the bottom. Then my florist is going to put 2 red roses and a stargazer on top of the 10 & 8 inch cakes. The top tier will have a mirrored monogram.

(Other Cubs details are: a Mickey Mouse Pin wearing a Cubs uniform, he has a Cubs tie to wear to the reception, his mug, my garter, and even our vows :lovestruc)

After that we will head to the reception site to decorate and rehearsal is at 3:30... rehearsal dinner at 5. :upsidedow I don't think I will even have time to go home and shower before the dinner... thank god it will just be the bridal party and our parents.

Sunday I'm getting married!

Here is a picture of the cake inspiration.

165b44b10.jpg

I only have three more days!! Seriously running out of money :sad2:

I can't wait though... then monday we will be at Disney!!:cool1:

Your plans sound so wonderful so far! I love your dress. The pick up skirts always seem so princessy. You are so close. I can't wait to see all your pictures. The cake looks awesome.

Hope to see you back on the boards with some pics when your back from your honeymoon!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter