Cruisng on DVC points/? about port fees

carmie3377

Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.
Hello!
First off, this thread is a not a debate as to whether cruising on points is the right thing to do. It's obvious that some have strong feelings against cruising on points and I don't want to start yet another debate. I just have a question I would like answered.

Are the port fees/taxes included with the points we will use or is that an extra charge? I have searched on this forum and have found both answers: 1) that the points include everything with the exception of tips and on-board charges and 2) that port fees and taxes are extra. Can anyone that has cruised on points please confirm?

THANKS!

We just paid points for 1 adult and we were given quotes on cash prices for each of the other members of our party. The only thing that wasn't included was insurance and the 95 booking fee. HTH

We were on the Wonder last month using points. The only fee was the nonrefundable $95 fee - per stateroom, not per person. Port charges and taxes are included in the points.

We just paid points for 1 adult and we were given quotes on cash prices for each of the other members of our party. The only thing that wasn't included was insurance and the 95 booking fee. HTH

We were on the Wonder last month using points. The only fee was the nonrefundable $95 fee - per stateroom, not per person. Port charges and taxes are included in the points.

Great! Thanks for helping out :)

Other than the $95 booking fee, all port taxes and government fees are included in the number of points you pay. There is no additional cash payment until you are on the ship....and start shopping, drinking, tipping, etc.

I just wanted to add, the $95 fee is PER BOOKING, not stateroom. We booked two staterooms and only had to pay $95 once.

I just wanted to add, the $95 fee is PER BOOKING, not stateroom. We booked two staterooms and only had to pay $95 once.

Correct, the $95 fee is a booking fee and is charged Per Booking. BUT...if you make any changes to your reservation (upgrading category, changing people, changing dates), you will be charged the fee again.

Correct, the $95 fee is a booking fee and is charged Per Booking. BUT...if you make any changes to your reservation (upgrading category, changing people, changing dates), you will be charged the fee again.

True BUT if you book half points and half cash and decide to change to all points, no additional fee is required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter