Cruising with CPAP

luvdamouse91

DIS Veteran
We cruise in 5 weeks. DH just got diagnosed with sleep apnea, and now uses a CPAP. From what I can understand, extension cords and distilled water are available onboard if we note it on our reservation. Does anyone ever travel with an extra mask and harness? Any other travel advice for a traveling CPAP user? Thanks.

We travel quite a bit and my husband uses a cpap as well. He keeps an small extension cord in his case and he carries it onboard along with a couple of water bottles.

Just call and request the cord and water. Easy peasy. On Dream DH hasn't needed the cord but it might be needed on other ships. Not sure.

Fantasy, Dream and the Magic....extension cord is not needed.
Call DCL ahead of time and request the distilled water at no cost. I have traveled for over 10'yrs with a CPAP & DCL and neve had a problem getting the water..

Hope this helps

Robin & Angel "D".:thumbsup2

We cruise in 5 weeks. DH just got diagnosed with sleep apnea, and now uses a CPAP. From what I can understand, extension cords and distilled water are available onboard if we note it on our reservation. Does anyone ever travel with an extra mask and harness? Any other travel advice for a traveling CPAP user? Thanks.

After cruising several times I "DH" am now a CPAP user and would not go without! I have done some research and found out that they do not want you to bring your own extension cord for safety reasons, but will provide you one if needed upon request along with the distilled water! Happy Cruising

DH didn't need the cord on the Fantasy last June. He just slept on the right side of the bed and the outlet was right there. He rarely uses the water, only in the winter when it's dry. The humidity in June didn't warrant his needing it.

I use a CPAP and sailed on the Wonder in January in one of the redone staterooms. If I had an an international adapter, I could have used the plug next to the bed. As it was, I went to guest services and got an extension cord with no issue.

DH didn't need the cord on the Fantasy last June. He just slept on the right side of the bed and the outlet was right there. He rarely uses the water, only in the winter when it's dry. The humidity in June didn't warrant his needing it.

I sleep on the right side of the bed too and use that plug for my CPAP.

I never travel with an extra mask or headgear. No need. I toss and turn and have never broken my headgear. When going through the airport he may be asked to remove the machine from the bag at the bag xray machine, though all I've had to do the past couple of years is just unzip the bag and lay it open. If he does it will just be the main part. When passing through DCL's security he will not have to open the bag. I fly again in a couple of weeks and will know whether or not they've changed the "open the bag" policy since October.

I package each CPAP part in a gallon ziplock bag in case the bag gets opened and the parts handled. If they start to open the ziplocks you can ask them to use a fresh pair of gloves. That said, in 5-6 airline trips I've never had mine opened.

As others have said, the distilled water is provided if you note it on your reservation, and we picked up an extension cord at guest services on the Wonder. Our room steward covered the cord with duct tape so we could leave it on the floor instead of having to unplug and coil it every day. (On the Wonder the only outlet is near the tv.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter