Cruising in February - weather?

Maesa

Mouseketeer
Anyone ever cruise in February? How is the weather and the sea? We are going in Feb and wanted to make sure it's nice weather before I am unable to make any date changes.

Thank you.

It has been ok the times I've done it... But the year of the polar vortex it was cooler (not cold, but not as warm as the other two times) and windier and more current-affected than the other two years.

BUT "weather" can happen at any time and is not necessarily consistent from one year to another.

Sorry, no guarantee of nice weather at any time, and especially that time of year when a cool front could come through. Even in summer, when you can almost count on it being hot, it could be rainy if you're caught in a tropical system. Gotta go on a cruise with the attitude of making the best of it and enjoying it no matter what the weather is!

I'm assuming you're talking about a Bahamian cruise.
We did the Dream 3-night in mid-February. There was a freaky cold front that hit Orlando the day before and it was FREEZING the day we left, we were all shivering by the pool but still using the slides, etc. determined to get our money's worth, haha! Once we got more south, the weather was lovely. You do need a light jacket/windbreaker at night. Beach day at CC was great, water was a little cool for my taste but of course the kids braved it out. It was very windy and apparently we almost missed CC because of the wind. I have sailed Dream in April before and it was overall much pleasanter regarding temp, wind, etc. However, I would not hesitate to sail in February again (and Feb. was def. cheaper than April so that helps). Now, September? I will NEVER book in September again due to this year's hurricane cruise fiasco, but that's another story! :)

We cruise in Feb. Going to Nassau it has been warm, CC was very warm except the water. The last 5 times the sea day has been cloudy and chilly. We are going Feb 26 this time, other cruises have been earlier in Feb.

When we cruised Dec-March time frame, Florida was on the cooler side (55 was the high several times)... Castaway Cay was ok warm, not hot, ocean was freezing.
However if your cruise goes further south it should be hot enough. St. Thomas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman have consistently hot weather. That time of the year in FL/Bahamas you can get anywhere from cold to hot, but our experience has been it's been "warm".

Here's the deal in February, coming from a guy who lives in South Florida. The stop at Castaway Cay is going to enjoy the same weather and temps that we enjoy in South Florida, as the island is just a short ways off shore. I have seen hard frost in South Florida in February, but not EVERY February. Plan on daytime temps between 50 and 75 degrees, with colder nights in the WORST of weather. Normally you need a jacket in the morning, but it warms by mid-day, kind of like Michigan in MAY. Once you get down to US and British Virgin Island, you are a LONG ways south, and like they said above, it'll be warm and humid with a chance of rain most days.

WE live in south Florida and WE are cruising on Fantasy in February. I find the Virgin Islands too darn hot other than in the winter.

Hope this is a help.

Tom in Okeechobee, FL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter