Cruising after 6 year break

DisneyCrazMom

Mouseketeer
The last time we cruised was 2013 on the Fantasy, we are finally cruising again in May. I know things have changed a bit since the last time we cruised with navigators going paperless and the soap, lotion being in the big bottles. What is new, changed or a need to know? I feel like a first time cruiser again. :) Which is exciting and terrifying all together. :scared:

Are you sailing on Fantasy again ? Some locals have change. There is no more Arrrcade, there is a sweets shop and a Tiffany store. The kids club has changed. The online app is a must. They do not print your pictures anymore before you buy them. You must consult them on a screen. They do not offer an embarkation buffet in Enchented Garden anymore. Your only options are the sit down in the MDR or Cabanas.

They also don't give you paper tickets for things like the character breakfast, princess/frozen meets, and alcohol tastings. All of these can be booked ahead of time when your booking window opens. Also they now use paper straws and I can't remember if they have lids for the drinks or not.

Are you sailing on Fantasy again ? Some locals have change. There is no more Arrrcade, there is a sweets shop and a Tiffany store. The kids club has changed. The online app is a must. They do not print your pictures anymore before you buy them. You must consult them on a screen. They do not offer an embarkation buffet in Enchented Garden anymore. Your only options are the sit down in the MDR or Cabanas.

We are on the Dream this time, the dates for the 7 night didn't line up with when we could travel. Thanks for the info.

They also don't give you paper tickets for things like the character breakfast, princess/frozen meets, and alcohol tastings. All of these can be booked ahead of time when your booking window opens. Also they now use paper straws and I can't remember if they have lids for the drinks or not.

The thing that stands out in your post is the paper straws! I HATE paper straws. I mean they make things taste nasty.

We are on the Dream this time, the dates for the 7 night didn't line up with when we could travel. Thanks for the info.
In that case, the absence of an arcade, the sweets shop and the app still apply. They still print your pictures systematically on Dream. They are working on putting a new jewelry shop but that zone was closed off as of the beginning of March. They still do a breakfast and brunch buffet in Enchanted Garden and they still have the old Pirate menu for the moment, unlike Fantasy. The Beauty&Beast show is a must do. It is the most technically advanced of the fleet.

You can still get paper Navigators at Guest Services btw. They just won't show up at your stateroom automatically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter