Cruise Veterens help us decide ????

disney 2010

DIS Veteran
I've been reading several threads on the pros and cons to b2b. We are hoping to cruise in Feb 2011 for 7 nights. How do I choose magic vs Dream b2b:confused:
DS 13 and DD 9 love pools water slides etc and spent a lot of our 4 day in the overly packed pools...they didn't care.:)
The new ship will have only sailed a few times and is very tempting.
How do we decide?? I've read b2b and 7 nights are not the same.
What would you do?

on the b2b you visit Nassau and cast away cay on both letgs of the cruise. You will have to debark at the end of the first cruise and reboard for the second. You may or may not have the same cabbin. You only have the opertunity to do Polo brunch on the one sea day on the 4day porton of the cruise.
On the 7 day you will visit a total of 4 ports including cast away cay. You will not have to debark in the middle of your cruise. You will have 2 opertunities to do Polo brunch, they also have High Tea. There is more verity of evening entertainment and more verrity in the dinner menues.
these are some of the differences between the two choices. Read some of the trip reports and you will get a better idea of the things offered on both cruises. Which ever you decide to do I know you will have a great time.
Magie

The 7 night would win for sure if it wasn't for the Dream complete with the Aquaduck:cheer2:....so hard to choose

A couple of thoughts for you to consider. February is possibly a cold month. If you do the Dream, you just might end up with what is going on right now with the ships. If it is cold on Castaway Cay, you won't likely swim much. I know, cold is relative. If you go on a seven day, it is likely you will get to some warm weather. Eastern or Western. It was upper 70's when we cruised in Dec. We jet skiied and it was terrific. Short cruises are a gamble in winter. I doubt if many people were in the pools on the ships in the last day or two. Anybody else with thoughts? I was glad for the 7 day.
Bill

If it wasn't for the Dream, this would be a "no brainer." Even with the Dream, I'd be tempted to do 4 nights on the ship and 3 at WDW...or some other sort of add on to the ship.

We did our B2B because we wanted a 7 night cruise and couldn't get to the port in time for Saturday sailing. While I won't say it was a mistake, it certainly wasn't my best vacation ever. I want to SEE the Dream, but I want to SAIL on the Magic.

In your case, given your kids ages, situation, newness of the Dream, etc., I'd probably go for the B2B or 4 nights on ship, 3 at WDW.

We did 10 nights at WDW followed by a 4 night cruise last month. Almost froze in Disney ( We are Canadian and are used to the COLD ) but packed for "Sunny Florida" and cool Florida evenings not 30 degree highs!!:scared1:

Our Bahamas weather was amazing in Jan and we happily swam at CC I suppose it was "cool" getting in but that is what we experience in our lakes much of the summer.

Weather in the 70's is fine for us but it sounds like it the chances of good weather are better if we sail the magic.....

Why couldn't the Dream to 7 night cruises:confused3

:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter