• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise solo?

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Has anyone ever gone on a Disney Cruise by themselves? how was it and what activities were available for you? Did you get a good price on the cruise?
I am kind of in the middle of debating if I want to go on one before I meet up with some friends.

I've debated this myself. Having been on several other cruises solo, they were fun and a safe way for a solo to travel. However, the Disney Cruises seem so "family oriented" to me that they don't hold the appeal of other lines even if a DC is great. Even the adult options on DC seem to be more for couples than singles. For me it would be different if I were going with a group of people, even other singles.

It would be interesting to hear from any solos (NOT people who traveled with a group of singles or their family) that took a Disney Cruise.

You know, I have done WDW solo five times now and I never got lonely. Each time I stayed for 6 nights. I honestly think that I would be lonely on a solo Disney Cruise. I don't know why
I feel that way, but I do.

You won't get a great deal as a single, in fact you'll pay more. All cruise lines charge a "single supplement" for those who have a cabin to themselves. If you are willing to share a cabin with another solo traveller (they will match you up according to age, sex, interests), you will be eligible for the regular rates.

I have been wondering about this for a while and it's the reason why I have been hesitant to book one. I haven't even wanted to try it with other single friends because it seems to be very couple oriented and since I am divorced and most of my friends would like to be married I think it would be a bit depressing. I sent away for the cruise DVD and received it in the mail today. All my thoughts were confirmed. All the people I saw were either with children or they were couples...I think I'll stick to the other cruise lines which have more singles on them so that I don't feel out of place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter