Cruise meet, need help

quentina

<font color=deeppink>The bridge has been built and
I think that I have been appointed the cruise meet executer.

So...what do I do? I need some tips to make this as easy as possible? I have heard that a map of the ship with everyone's room highlighted is quite helpful.

Do I need to "reserve" a meeting space? Is the meeting on the 1st day (so all of our kids can meet each other prior to heading to clubs)?

I am so green......experienced Diser's....I need you!

Generally, you just set a place and time. 3 pm is generally a good time. Places--Promenade Lounge has seats and is relatively quiet. One side of the Goofy pool means the kids don't have to get out of the water unless they choose to, but it's noisy and can be hot. Outside of Studio Sea is quiet but no seats.

No, you don't reserve a room. You just have everyone meet in a public place. In part things depend on how many of you there are, but the Promenade is best in my opinion.

Maps--generally you only do this for a fish extender group. Are you responsible for the FE (if there is one) as well as the Dis-meet? Again, I didn't find the maps helpful--there are deck plans by every elevator and good signs. Besides people change cabins thru Pixie Dust or paid upgrades.

For FE groups, printed lists are helpful. You put one on line or e-mail it to all participants in advance, but then bring some copies also as people will forget them At the Dis-meet, you'll have to announce any cabin changes so that everyone can upgrade their list.

I've been to meets that were basically a social time (shake hands and say hello to those around you) as well as to some that were very formal--microphone introductions. Again, consider the size of the group and length of cruise. On a 14 day cruise where we have organized several activities for the group the meet will be more organized as well--we'll be handing out schedules, etc. On a 3 , 4, or even 7 night cruise where the only activities are likely to be a fish extender exchange and possibly a stateroom tag, you don't need to do much.

Some green name tags are a good idea--get the paint chips from Home Depot's Disney Collection, and they make great name tags!

Yes, you are not alone:) Info please all seasoned cruisers:)

Hey....maybe we are on the same boat....if so, I appoint you!!!!

We are 9-26-10, 4 day. I can't wait and in addition, I am really looking forward to meeting all the diser's.

Stateroom tag is a "game" of sorts. Someone (or many ones) create a magnetic item of some sort and attach a "return to xyz cabin on this date" note. THey place it on the door of another Dis-er. It typically has a permanent marker attached. May be a cloth item with magnetic attachment.

When you get it on your stateroom door you sign it and place it on the door of another Dis-er (Tag--you're it!) Repeat as it makes rounds thru the various decks.

I suppose the item can make a cute souvenier. I've never really gotten the point of if, but some think it's fun...so if I get one, I play the game so as not to be a party pooper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter