• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise excursion reviews?

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
Does anyone know of a blog or BB that has reviews and trip reports for each of the excursions available through DCL? It sure would help a lot to get real world experiences to decide which would be a better fit.

Many thanks....

---Paul in Southern NJ

Lots of people report on their experiences here, but you may need to search for a particular excursion by name or DCL code number.

Does anyone know of a blog or BB that has reviews and trip reports for each of the excursions available through DCL? It sure would help a lot to get real world experiences to decide which would be a better fit.

Many thanks....

---Paul in Southern NJ

With very few exceptions (aka most of the time) you’ll « share » the excursion with guests from other cruise lines because they use the same providers.

So you can look for reviews online… no matter who they come from. Just google the excursion you are interested in.

With very few exceptions (aka most of the time) you’ll « share » the excursion with guests from other cruise lines because they use the same providers.
I've done multiple excursions through DCL in the Caribbean, Mexico and Canada, and have never shared the excursion with guests from another cruise line. So while it might happen at times, I wouldn't say it happens most of the time, at least with DCL.

I've done multiple excursions through DCL in the Caribbean, Mexico and Canada, and have never shared the excursion with guests from another cruise line. So while it might happen at times, I wouldn't say it happens most of the time, at least with DCL.

Well, it happened to us most of the time, then. DCL, Royal, NCL, that or separate groups coming to the same site with the same providers.

My point was that, until it is about a specific private island, they tend to use the same providers so you don’t have to look specifically at reviews from DCL guests to make your mind about an excursion, you just have to google it.

Well, it happened to us most of the time, then. DCL, Royal, NCL, that or separate groups coming to the same site with the same providers.

My point was that, until it is about a specific private island, they tend to use the same providers so you don’t have to look specifically at reviews from DCL guests to make your mind about an excursion, you just have to google it.
Would that be using the same excursion ID number that DCL uses? If not, then the same name could really be something different.

Would that be using the same excursion ID number that DCL uses? If not, then the same name could really be something different.

No idea. Never noticed excursions ID numbers.

As I said earlier in the thread, I have seen guests from different cruise lines sharing the same excursions/transportation to an excursion and/or getting to the same place with the same provider... It depends on what excursion you are looking at.

I find it really helpful to search in Disney cruise fb groups. You can find old posts with so many experiences with them. You can search past threads here too using the search function on the top right but I've noticed not as many people post about excursions and such after their trip on this forum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter