Cruise Docs came not sooo excited about the room

Orlando Disney Guy

Mouseketeer
Okay so I got my docs in the mail today for my Feb 7 sailing. I have some mixed emotions. I ofcourse am excited that I am going on the ship and at a good rate. Kinda sad because I got assigned a navigator verandah on deck 5. I know that is the risk of a GTY room, I have had verandahs in the past I just hope I will enjoy the navigator. My thought on those has always been save the money and book a room with a window instead of the closed in verandah. I know I will have a good time and my room selection certainly will not make or break my vacation, and the room reports I have read do not seem bad (I guess you can hear the show music from Animators. That is fine as we have late seating and will be in the show and not in the room during any of the meal times)

Thoughts? Does anyone have pictures of the navigator verandahs?

Thanks!

happy sailing!

What category did you book that you got assigned a cat. 7? If I booked a lower cat., either inside or oceanview, and was assigned a cat. 7 I would be jumping for joy.

Jilljill

It's my fault entirly! I did not pay that close attention when I booked that, that was the difference between the 6 and 7 cats. So it's no ones fault but my own! I ofcourse will make the best of it!

happy sailing!

What category did you book that you got assigned a cat. 7? If I booked a lower cat., either inside or oceanview, and was assigned a cat. 7 I would be jumping for joy.
that's sort of what I was thinking, I would be thrilled with a verandah if I was GTY for a lower category.
Jilljill

It's my fault entirly! I did not pay that close attention when I booked that, that was the difference between the 6 and 7 cats. So it's no ones fault but my own! I ofcourse will make the best of it!

happy sailing!
So you booked a 7 not realizing thye were navigators?

that's sort of what I was thinking, I would be thrilled with a verandah if I was GTY for a lower category.

So you booked a 7 not realizing thye were navigators?

We were on the Magic last week and we had room 5634 and we loved it. There were no problems with the room or the location. I have some pictures of it but I will have to post it later. We've had cat 4 and 5 before and to me the balcony is a balcony, then again we didn't use our balcony as much so that could be why we didn't mind at cat 7. You will not be disappointed with your cat 7.

I was not paying that close attention. I was more excited that I was able to get on the ship so close to sailing (I booked late in 2008) I kinda feel stupid as I have been on the ship 8 other times. Oh well I will make the best of it!

I was not paying that close attention. I was more excited that I was able to get on the ship so close to sailing (I booked late in 2008) I kinda feel stupid as I have been on the ship 8 other times. Oh well I will make the best of it!

Positive thinking....way to go! Have a GREAT cruise.

I hope you won't be disappointed!! I also hope you let us know about it when you return from you trip!
DH booked a navigator veranda for our next cruise, and I hope I won't be disappointed too. I wanted a veranda, and he wanted to save money and book a less expensive catagory, so this was our compromise! Hopefully it works!

We got upgraded from a CAT 11 to a 7 on our last cruise. The verandah was great. I really liked the bench seat. I don't think you will be too disappointed unless you planned on spending alot of time on the verandah. But with so much to do on a cruise I wish I had had more time to enjoy it.

we loved it! maybe we didn't have high expectations, but loved ours! i thought enclosed meant like a sunroom and when we got there and it wasn't fully enclosed i was thrilled! loved the fresh air and ocean sounds!

I stayed in a navigators room in December on the disney wonder!!
AND LOVED IT! although it was my first cruise, the balcony to me was awesome!! I will post some pictures as soon as I get some time!
I hope you have a great cruise and enjoy!

We've always had an open verandah and I doubt that DH even thought about the fact that there are other options on the ship. (I'm the cruise booker in this family)

Last cruise we sailed with a large group and one family had a navigators balcony. Sheesh, DH dragged me down the hall to take a look at it because he thought it was so cool. I think we may be sailing in one in the future. ;)

They really are nice. You get the fresh air, but you have a little more privacy, and less risk of being chased off your verandah by smoking neighbors (that happened to us for the first time last cruise)

I bet you'll like it more than you think you will now.
Happy Sailing!

Due to my fear of heights, I always book a nav. veranda. I love the privacy and the map, compass, bench and table was a big hit for my DD. I could sit outside with my pj's and bathrobe on and no one could see me. The only downside is that when you are sitting, you can't really see over the wall. But for someone with a fear of heights, that's good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter