• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise Director Rick-On Travel Channedl!

CRB#33

<font color=red>Completing His Good Work!<br><font
Did anybody watch the Travel Channel last night at 10:00? EST

Disney was voted number 1 in the best family cruise category and they interviewed Rick! That man does like to talk ;)

Well, we tried to watch it - I even set the kitchen timer so we wouldn't miss it. At 9:58 I turned to the Travel Channel and there was some hype for some wrestling match. Waited until 10 PM and at 10 the screen went blank and announced that it was for some pay per view wrestling event. We called the Cable company and they told us that upper management decided to only broadcast the travel channel until 8 PM each day and then use that channel for pay per view events!!!!!!! Now they only have a gazillion channels to use and they have to use that channel. Go figure!!!!:confused:

Glad to hear that Disney was voted #1 in the Family category.

A previous thread said it would be repeated Sunday night at 7pm.

...and was very proud of the fine job Travel Channel did endorsing our Disney Wonder...I especially liked the footage showing the kids making flubber in the lab - looks like lots of fun!!!

Drat. I missed it. I'll have to remember to watch Sunday evening. Rick is one of those people who, for us, is a special part of a Disney Cruise. I just love that guy. He was very helpful when I made an off the wall request of him on our very first cruise. When we cruised again in November 2002, I made sure to get our picture taken with him.

A bit of trivia (that I posted on the CLB before). Did you know that Rick is the only CM that does not identify himself by name on the video that they show on the DCL bus from the airport to the port. Strange, but true.

Our cable service no longer offers the Travel Channel :mad: and boy do I miss it!

I love Rick. We've spent a long time talking to him on our cruises. He's a big part of what makes it the family cruise!

Beth

Hi all- I too missed and it and wanted to see Rick- he is the brother in law of my children's pediatrician! What a small world! We live in New York and unfortuanately he wasn't the CD on our cruise 3 weeks ago. I'll have to tape it on Sunday as the big game will be on! Can't wait to go on another cruise- we enjoyed our first one alot - just need more time- 3 days wasn't enough!

and I also phoned & told grandparents to watch, wish I could talk them into going with us--but alas, no go.

I enjoyed watching the program and anticipating our 1st cruise this summer, but wondered at RCCL not being mentioned!! They really focused a bit on the lesser known/more luxury-type cruises that most of us won't ever go on!!

:D Penny

Oh no, we missed this!!!
I'm definitely hoping that it will be aired again. Rick is trying to avoid us by switching to the Magic from the Wonder, so if we won't see him in person for a while, at least we'd see him on the "small screen." :D
He is absolutely great...we love him!!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

JAN 26TH 7:00 P.M. We didn't see it last night either, feel asleep. So I have the postnote on the TV to remind me about Sunday show:)
I hope I don't miss it again

It was really exciting as we will be boarding on Saturday. As of this moment, I am forcing DH to watch our DCL video for the second time. I just can't wait to get there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn. I forgot to set the timer to tape the show. Saw the ad for it last week (set the timer to record Teddy Roosevelt on History Channel, and just plain forgot to set it for Travel Channel for last night).

Be assured. I will set the timer for the 4PM (PST) to record it while I watch the Bucs beat the Raiders!!

Can we try to keep this Bumped up ... especially come Sunday so we (I!!) don't forget?

:bounce:

:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by PiperG
I am forcing DH to watch our DCL video for the second time. I just can't wait to get there!!!!!!!!!!!!

I force the whole family to watch the DCL video every couple of months to keep their interest up until the next cruise.

Hey Barb, when is Rick going to the Magic? How dare he desert you on the Wonder. ;) I would love to see him again too and just wonder how long he plans to be on the Magic.

We had him this summer on the Wonder. I wonder if he'll be on the magic in June, 2004:D. That would be kind of neat!

You'll just have to take more cruises Barb, LOL!

Rick should be back on the Magic in early Feb., and I think we are just going to miss him when we sail in May because he will be on vacation (or maybe he really is avoiding us, hee hee :cool: ).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Some times its hard to know when they are covering something of Disney because its only one segment of the show.

I saw the one of my favorite ship.:D

I watch the Travel channela lot. Samantha Brown did The Floridian and also the Yacht and Beach Club hotels last night.

She did a good job. Everything very positive. We're cruising next weekend and in April we'll be in the yacht club.

I'm packing right now for the cruise. (I don't like to wait til the last minute.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter