CRT Tip request - Girls need princess dresses?

SantaClaus

Earning My Ears
Wasn't trying to get one, but lucked out and spotted an ADR at CRT for 8:10pm on Feb 25th.

Never been to CRT before. Going with DD5 and DD9. Do all the girls dress up from BBB, wear park casual, somewhere in between or is it a wild mix?

Wishes is at 8 that night -- same time as we'll be checking in. How do you get thru the rope? Can you get thru the rope a bit early and watch the fireworks from the castle. Prob not the best viewing spot but unique, I'm sure.

Any other tips to make it even more special greatly appreciated!

Menu suggestions also appreciated as reviews rather mixed.

Never been to CRT before. Going with DD5 and DD9. Do all the girls dress up from BBB, wear park casual, somewhere in between or is it a wild mix?

When I've gone to CRT for dinner, more of the girls seemed to be in princess dresses (not necessarily with BBB hair and make-up), but there are still a good number in park casual dress. So either way, should be fine.

we ate there in November 2012. I would say about 1/2 the girls under 12 were in some form of Princess garb (some of them it was just a princess t-shirt, or a non-BBB tiara, like even the cheap birthday party tiaras.) I think you'd have to know your own kids...would they feel like they were "cheated" if they don't have a princess dress on? Do they already have a dress they could bring along in a backpack? Would they be happy with maybe getting to wear make-up & an "up-do" with hair glitter that you could do yourself in the hotel room?

I would recommend making your way around to the back of the castle by 7:15 if wishes is at 8:00. (the entrance for the restaurant is at the Fantasyland end of the castle) They will let you across the rope if it is already up but the bigger issue sometimes is trying to get across the crowds of people who line the hub for the coveted parade & fireworks viewing spots...that can be a real challenge. If you get back to Fantasyland early, go see Philharmagic, shop or ride It's a Small World until time to check in to castle. Better to be in the right place early than fight the crowds!

As far as being able to see the fireworks...the answer is maybe...depends on where you are seated in the castle. And if you are seated on time. You may get checked in and then wait in line inside the Cinderella picture-taking room, which would be no-view of the outside. Or you may be seated at one of the side table areas in the castle, with little view. There's only a few actual window tables and there's no asking for them...it's just pure luck. The only time I've heard of anyone actually requesting and getting the window seats is for something very, very special like a 50th wedding anniversary, or an engagement that's going to happen during the meal.

As for the food, we all enjoyed it (party of 4 adults) This was the 3rd time we've eaten in the castle in 3 years with 6 different adult guests, all different kinds of taste in food...we and all of our guests have enjoyed the meals every time. Here's my take on it: the meal is very expensive as far as a usual restaurant price goes...and some people expect the food to reflect that high price. But you're not just buying food when you pay that price. We always figure at least 1/2 the price we pay is buying the chance to eat inside the castle with the princesses (and you're getting a picture portfolio with Cinderella, and the gratuity is included in the price.) So looking at it that way, we expect good food, but not gourmet special stuff. And so far, we think we've gotten $25-30 food from the $50-60 per person price...just what we expected.

Thank you figment_jii & catne for the great replies. Lots of good info!

I'm almost wondering now if I should not be in such a rush to check-in for 8:00 (i.e. wait until the actual ADR time of 8:10 to check in so we can watch the fireworks from the base/inside of the castle vs. checking in early at 8:00 and not seeing anything).

Can you see anything at all from the base of the castle? I'm assuming they'll have the castle walk-through area roped off as well so you can't wander out.

Wasn't planning on bringing dresses down initially. The dresses they have are "well-loved" from earlier years and both girls can't seem to make up their minds about how many characters, if any, they want to see this time (growing up way too fast!).

Outside of the parks and DTD, what are some good places to get dresses (princess or otherwise) in Orlando? I'm slowly learning that one must always have a "back-up plan" in case the kids get totally "Disney-fied" :)

The do grow up, way too fast. Let them "dress up", but bring casual clothes...just in case. DGDs wanted to wear their dresses to dinner, but not all day. It was a little extra hassle, but so worth the photos and memories. princess:

My 8 yr old dd went for breakfast this past trip in her own, summery dress. (She not much for costumes outside of Halloween.) Boy did she get the :thumbsup2 from each Princess.

So, I think one can go casual, one can go dressed up, and one can go in costume, and it is all good! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter