CRT Reservations at 9:40PM and Fireworks at 9PM or 10PM?

roryc

Mouseketeer
So I think I was lucky to get a newly added reservation for CRT at 9:40PM. There are several available the week I am going (mid-June). Fireworks are currently scheduled for 9PM but I think they've added the extra reservations because they might be extending park hours. I'm curious whether fireworks might be at 10PM in mid-June? So, we have eaten in the castle before during fireworks, but it's been 4 years ago. So, I know we should try to enter the castle on the carousel side, and we can't check-in prior to our reservation time.

There are 5 of us and it's costing almost $370. So I want to make sure it's not going to be a complete hassle. My DDs are 15, 11 and 7. We will be napping all afternoon and not getting to the park until after 5PM anyway so I'm not too worried about my little one falling asleep. I think she'll be excited enough to enjoy it.

What are your thoughts on my reservation 20 minutes prior to fireworks, or 40 minutes after them. And recommendations on both. Would you like them, or would they be a complete disaster?

I really don't want to be sitting in the photo room entry area during all of the fireworks.

MK fireworks had always been at 10 pm in the summer. But, that was when they had a 9:00 nighttime parade. With the nighttime parade no longer running, it seems they moved the fireworks up an hour in the summer.

While it's possible it could be moved back to 10, I wouldn't count on it.

With a 9:00 fireworks, you should have no problem enjoying the show with plenty of time to get to your 9:40, as long as you don't watch them from the beginning of Main Street (where you'd be a salmon trying to swim up stream with everyone leaving the park). If you watched them from the hub, you should be OK..

Thank you for your response. It actually seems like it would be much more enjoyable to watch the fireworks from Fantasyland and then casually enjoy dinner without worrying about getting into the dining room before fireworks begin, time until fireworks, table near the window, etc.

If this is your first time, I would watch the fireworks from Main Street/the hub. Especially as the new show is supposed to have a significant amount of castle projections, seeing the show from Fantasyland would miss all of this. The show is going to be less than 20 min, so you'll have plenty of time (over 20 min) to get to around to the back of the castle in time for your reservation. Go towards Liberty Square, and make a right up the path as soon as you cross the bridge. That takes you right in back of the castle.

If this is your first time, I would watch the fireworks from Main Street/the hub. Especially as the new show is supposed to have a significant amount of castle projections, seeing the show from Fantasyland would miss all of this. The show is going to be less than 20 min, so you'll have plenty of time (over 20 min) to get to around to the back of the castle in time for your reservation. Go towards Liberty Square, and make a right up the path as soon as you cross the bridge. That takes you right in back of the castle.

I agree. I would not want to miss the projections for the show. If the show is at 9 and you do not dawdle after it ends, you will have plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter