CRT for dinner- worth it for non princess adults?

aviva5675

DIS Veteran
Mulling over going to CRT...I can plan way ahead and just get a date with availability, as a Fla resident it's pretty easy to just head over.

But..is it worth it? Not really into the princesses (would be 2 adults going), tho want to see what all the fuss is about. Probably would do dinner as the meal- which I see is incredibly expensive. Would try to book to be there for the fireworks-- can you only see them from a window table? Do they let you go watch then return to meal like at CG?

I see the food is pretty decent, but is it really worth the expense? I know it's subjective but opinions welcome. I guess we could do lunch or breakfast, but maybe if we are there doing it, being there for the FW is a good idea. Have never seen them from inside MK-- the idea of the crowds leaving after seems horrifying.

It's a lovely room. I think most every Disney goer who can afford it should go at least once.

Breakfast is pricey, so we go for lunch (because dinner is even more expensive).

There is no benefit being at CRT during fireworks. Dessert Party is a better choice if fireworks are your goal.

If you are worried about the departing crowds, don't leave with the crowd - go on Small World or something. We shop.

Really it is up to how you define "worth". Price wise? Food Wise? Experience? All different
You are paying (big time) for the experience of meeting the Princesses and eating in the Castle. You state you are not interested in meeting the Princess. So is the price of what some say is mediocre food worth it to you to eat in the castle.
The view of the fireworks is not very good. If you have never seen them, I would book dinner early enough to be done and find a space on Main Street to watch them.

It's just eh. Prior to the "revamp" of the menu and such a few years ago, it was marginally better. If, as Hopefully indicated, eating inside the castle is some kind of must do, then I get it. It's a small room. The decor is neat. BUT if you don't fancy mediocre food, possible sub-par imo, and a VERY loud and chaotic environment with children everywhere, many ill mannered and not behaving as you'd expect in a restaurant, id skip it. I'm a parent, but man alive, my kids never misbehaved like I've seen at Disney, and in particular CRT.
The food is NOT worth the price. Much ado about very little.
Spend your cash at California Grill, or Artist Point, Citricos or Narcoosees and the like.

DH and I did CRT once, for the experience. We got a seat by the window overlooking the carousel. It was a great view. Our food was decent. But for the price, we probably won't do it again. But I don't regret doing it once, even though the cost was a little high.

I describe the food as "midwest catered wedding glam." In other words, it's nice enough, but very middle of the road and I wouldn't be shocked to be served similar meals at a Holiday Inn in Eau Claire for a wedding.

We do CRT every time we have our kids with us. They love the experience.
But if it were just me and my wife, we would never go. If you are looking for a great place to eat near the MK, I would suggest The Wave at the Contemporary or Ohana at the Poly.

We had a fantastic meal at CRT earlier this month. I don't know what they did, but surprisingly, the Beef and Shrimp entree was one of the best things I have ever eaten in Disney-and we eat signature at least four times a trip and often frequent incredible restaurants in NYC, Boston and Providence, just as a culinary reference to what I am used to. The charcuterie starter was good also. We have eaten there many times but this recent meal was by far the best we ever had there. Is it Jean-Georges or Daniel? No, but for an in-park dining experience in a castle it is absolutely worth it.

ok, all good points. I'm not going to do it. Don't mind spending money on food, just want it to be good and worth the price. As many Disney places are.
Good choice. As an adult that really has no interest in meeting the princesses, or in mediocre food, I could not pay for this meal. We did it with DD on our last trip because she was 5 and it was our first morning, her first trip, and it really set the mood for her, but I wouldn't do it again. In fact DH said we should do it again this trip and I put my foot down. We're doing Akershus instead, which we also did last time for lunch. We all enjoyed that one.

I think for that experience you are paying for the princess's and the castle but not the food that's why I'm skipping it when my 6 year old princess and my wife go ( I will regret not seeing her interactions with the princesses) . I'm using my meal price to go on the keys to the kingdom tour while they are at breakfast.

KTTK is a great tour, and you get lunch included...well worth it. The first tour we ever did.... I enjoy the characters, but princesses (or all face characters?) least of all... and you have a great avatar Fred

I went with my daughter in December and I honestly loved it. I didn't find it loud or chaotic at all. My daughter was the most well-behaved I saw her all trip while we were there, lol. We had lunch and I thought the food was delicious. I may find it awkward though to meet the princesses with just adults?! I'm not sure. This was my first time eating there and I'm really glad I got a chance to do it. Not sure if I'll do it again because of cost but I'm definitely glad I've done it once.

As you said it's all subjective but I love it. We've done it both times we've been there and are booked again when we go back, I just love the experience of eating in the castle. The food isn't spectacular but we had no complaints about it, i've definitely eaten in restaurants that the food was far inferior and cost more. The last time we were there though my husband proposed so it'll always be a little bit extra special now.

Mulling over going to CRT...I can plan way ahead and just get a date with availability, as a Fla resident it's pretty easy to just head over.

But..is it worth it? Not really into the princesses (would be 2 adults going), tho want to see what all the fuss is about. Probably would do dinner as the meal- which I see is incredibly expensive. Would try to book to be there for the fireworks-- can you only see them from a window table? Do they let you go watch then return to meal like at CG?

I see the food is pretty decent, but is it really worth the expense? I know it's subjective but opinions welcome. I guess we could do lunch or breakfast, but maybe if we are there doing it, being there for the FW is a good idea. Have never seen them from inside MK-- the idea of the crowds leaving after seems horrifying.

I don't know where you are seeing the food is decent. I would beg it differ. It is better than Chef Mickeys yes, but so is Wendy's. Any other signature and a lot of table service restaurants are better. Just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter