CRT enhancement experience

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Just thought I'd share our experience to help other DISsers.

In late March, we did lunch at CRT and wanted to do something special for our 2 DGDs, ages 4 and 14. We ordered the tiara for the 4 yr old and the special crown dessert for the 15 yr old as surprises. Shortly after being seated, I discreetly spoke with our server to confirm our order.

After the entree, our server approached our table with the tiara on a pillow and handed it to our son to give to our DGD rather awkwardly. We expected a CM to present it to her but we rolled with it. We had no idea that one of us would be presenting it her it threw us a little.

Shortly after, our server took our dessert orders. Since the second surprise was a dessert, I again made contact with the server and he indicated he had it. I was a bit confused when he took our DGDs dessert order but expected him to deliver her special dessert instead.

However, he brought the regular dessert and she ate it. After she was done, he brought the special dessert. Since she already had dessert, it was basically wasted. We oohed and ahhhed and left most of it on the table. (It was a hot day and didn't have a way to keep the chocolate crown from melting).

While we loved the products, I would suggest that you work out the details with your server once you arrive. When I spoke with a manager, he said that they almost always have a family member present the crown, which is not how it it described on MDE. (A manager had wondered why we left the dessert and a conversation followed).

FYI.

Wow, would not expect the crown to be done by a family member :/ How much do you pay for that extra?

That's not how it sounds in the description at all! We had considered an add-on like this for DD's 4th birthday (it's a surprise trip). Think we'll pass now, for sure. Sorry you had such an awkward and lackluster experience. Thanks for sharing your experience, at any rate.

Wow, would not expect the crown to be done by a family member :/ How much do you pay for that extra?
$40 for the tiara and $15 for the dessert. The dessert was worth the $15 for the craftsmanship alone. There is a smaller, comb version of the crown for less money.

I really think this could be a great experience but just know in advance that a family member may be the one presenting so you can have your camera angles ready. Our son was ready with his camera but had to put it down quickly to present it to her. We didn't get a good picture because of the confusion.

I posted this as an FYI, not a complaint. If you plan to do it, work out the details upon arrival so you can savor the moment. Getting a crown at CRT should be a memorable experience.

We did this in 2015 and it wasnt that way at all.. the server literally got on his knee and bowed to each of my girls presenting them their crowns and called them princess and everything... I wonder if they stopped presenting it this way for some reason? :confused3

We did this experience a couple years ago and was surprised when they had DH present the crown to DD. DH is usually the one to take pictures so we had to scramble a bit so that I could take pictures. Maybe it depends on the server.

We did the crown for DD on her birthday at CRT two years ago. The server presented the crown to her on a pillow, but we had to place it on her head. The server said their rules would not allow them to place it on the child's head. Right when DD was trying to place it on her head herself, Jasmine came by and helped her, and she said something about how princesses help one another with their crowns. So, it ended up being pretty cute.

Will be doing this for my friend's daughter next week. I have the phone # to book it- is this something that has to be booked ahead of time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter