CRT Breakfast Potatoes

4Tink

William's Mom
My DS :joker: is a vegetarian. I have heard that the breakfast potatoes at CRT are deliciouis. Do they have meat in them? Will the chef prepare him something else if they do? I need to know because he is a cheese and potato junkie! Also, would I need to call them ahead or let them know when we are seated? Happy New Year! pixiedust:

All WDW restaurants will help you out with Veggie/Vegan stuff. Some can do it on-the-spot, but if you call them a day or two before you go, you'll be amazed at the results. :)

Here is a pic from 2 weeks ago. The potatoes are like a casserole, creamy and oniony, I don't think there was any meat, cheese maybe.

0crt4.jpg

The potatoes at CRT do have bacon (or did the last time we were there) in them. They offer an alternative breakfast which is fruit, yogurt, and granola. They also will mix and match for you among what they offer like if he just wants a plate with eggs and the fried french toast. I have allergy issues and on the 2 times we went they wouldn't cook anything specially but would make your plate for you based on what you could eat. I had issues with the bread crumbs on the potatoes and it was a no go but maybe they keep a pan of veggie only potatoes in back?

Yvonne

The potatoes at CRT do have bacon (or did the last time we were there) in them. They offer an alternative breakfast which is fruit, yogurt, and granola. They also will mix and match for you among what they offer like if he just wants a plate with eggs and the fried french toast. I have allergy issues and on the 2 times we went they wouldn't cook anything specially but would make your plate for you based on what you could eat. I had issues with the bread crumbs on the potatoes and it was a no go but maybe they keep a pan of veggie only potatoes in back?

Yvonne

Someone I know had breakfast there over the summer. Her dd has celiac disease and they called ahead to discuss it- she had the same meals as her sister all week, including CRT breakfast- except hers had no wheat products. They'll accommodate your needs (especially allergy issues) when you give them enough notice. I wouldn't count on them prepping something on the spot but they will if they know you are coming.

Thanks for your help friends. DS :joker: doesn't eat anything with meat in it or scrambled eggs. Neither do I. I guess I will call about a week ahead and let them know. I would think that at the prices they charge that they will hook us up with something yummy. I will keep my fingers crossed! If anyone else has done this please let me know. pixiedust:

I also forgot to mention that for kids they have those frozen type french toast sticks if your DS will eat those. In terms of allergy/veggie needs I have found that at WDW they will make sure you have safe foods to eat but it may not be things you like and some things they just won't have. They definitely go out of their way but it's not always exactly what you want. For example, if you have a nut allergy you can't have any of the baked goods (breads and desserts) because of cross contamination. No place had any safe breads or cakes but there was always some type of safe dessert. Hopefully all will be wonderful but I think it's helpful to have reasonable expectations too.

Yvonne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter