Crowds

Mharring33

Mouseketeer
I'm curious. We are sailing April 22nd on the Magic. If anyone who has sailed this time of year in the past could you give me an idea of what we can expect for crowds?

Hello to New Hampshire!! (I am from there orignally...)

I think April would be a full ship as you are in the Spring Break period. However, the thing with the ship - it can't be *overfull* as it only takes so many people.... I'm sure there are times the ship is sold out, and times when it's not as full. As a business I am sure Disney does all it can to fill the ship.

Cruise veterans?

I've been on 3 cruises so far, and all of them were either completely full or almost full. I've never felt like it was crowded at all. The only times that it seems kinda crowded would be at the deck parties, the nightly shows and sometimes around the pools on a nice day. Other than that, everyone is spread out all around the ship.

Thanks, this is the type of assessment I'm looking for. We're expecting a full ship given that it's school vacation(at least here in NH). I just have a vision of people being on top of each other(like it usually is in Magic Kingdom), but it doesn't sound like it will be like that.

Mharring33: Due to the kids and DW who works in a school, we have been during spring break and Christmas. Never felt packed at all.

Mharring33,

Hi, from Delaware, hope to see you on the ship. just look for all the ladies that are tink fans. If I'm brave enough I'll wear my wings. :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

I'm on deck 8

I'm hoping most of the BIG crowd will be getting off when get on. That is the end of Easter week. Alot of people are off that week.

I just found out the school district I live in is going to take the first week in April no matter when Easter is. Sure makes it easier to plan future vacations.

This being our first Disney Cruise, I'm not sure how crowded the ship will be, but we will be on it with you :Pinkbounc

I do know that we were at the parks last year the exact week and it was pretty quiet for WDW. 95% of Spring Breaks are over as is Easter so it should be pretty quiet :woohoo:

SEE YOU SOON - REAL SOON!!!! :wave2:

matsterrocks said:
When might the ships not be filled to 98% full?

Given Disney's popularity, and the willingness of many parents to take their kids out of school, I'm not sure there is anytime that the ship isn't close to full.
I went to a Cruise only travel fair, and Disney came up, and the resps from other lines said Disney ships run at over 90% capacity even during slow periods, where other lines may be at 60% capacity.

And, even in the slow periods, DCL puts out FL resident & military rates and usually that fills the ships up pretty quickly.

I know that's what happened for us last month. We weren't planning on cruising, but FL resident rates came out and we couldn't resist. I checked the website for the ships availability and there was plenty. By the time that we sailed, the ship was full.

Based on what I've seen, the past couple years DCL sails close to full every cruise.

I have been on 3 DCL cruises - The last 2 were complete sell outs.

The first one was way back when DCL was new, the Magic was still doing 3 & 4 day cruises. We did a 4 day in January and the ship was only half full - they only had one seating at dinner and only did one show in the evening.

The ship did not feel any more crowded on the 2 full cruises, then it did on the half full cruise. Not sure how they do it, but for the most part you aren't aware of the crowds.

Thanks for all of your responses. Good to know we won't be wall to wall people. We felt that way when we were in Magic Kingdom 2 summers ago. DH won't go back. I guess DD and I will have to leave him at the hotel.

Queen2, I'll be looking for the lady with the wings. :) I hope we run into you. Did I read your message correctly, you have a God Daughter who is going to turn 10 on the cruise? My DD is 11, perhaps they will hook up in the lab. It sounds like our cruise has quite a few darlings in the 10-12 range. Have you check out the April 22nd board?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter