Crowds in Oct.

LAH

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

I am getting married Oct. 2005 and was wondering how is the weather and crowds from the 20th on.

Thanks!!

We were there last month and we thought the crowds were terrible! Definitely not off peak time anymore in October. We got up early and got 2 hours in every morning before the parks filled up. After that we pretty much took afternoon breaks at the pool to avoid the crowds. The pools at the Contemporary were crowded day and night.

i dont find it to be too bad, we did summer 2 years ago and i will take oct any day over that mess again ... it is Disney World it will always be "crowded" it just depends what your tolerency is. for example....i do oct because the weather is beautiful and the crowds are considerably less congested. where you might wait thru 4 or 5 busses to get back to your hotel from the MK at closing in the summer, in october you wont wait longer then 2-3 busses to get home. taking that into consideration if i have to wait i would rather it not be in almost 100 degree temperatures with larger crowds.

hope this helps

Thanks for your quick replies!

I too, dont prefer the 100 degree weather. Would you say October is in the 80's?

I went in October 2002 and the crowds were great. I also went October 2004 (last month) and the crowds were terrible. I don't know if all of the hurricanes contributed to that, the Food and Wine Festival, or the Pro golf tourney that made it so much worse.

The weather was 80s and sunny most days I was there both times. It did get a bit humid a few days.

Originally posted by LAH
Thanks for your quick replies!

I too, dont prefer the 100 degree weather. Would you say October is in the 80's?

yup the beautiful 80's , that is the best time of year to go, i think the crowds this year had alot to do with hurricanes and the funai golf tournement . any way you slice it. its always worse in the summer!!!

FYI: i had to buy one of those fans with the water bottle the summer i went ( i have never had to buy one in oct)

We were there from Oct 18 - Oct 23 and never waited more than about 15 minutes for anything.

Splash Mtn, walked right on.
Big Thunder Mtn, 10 minute wait.
Space Mtn, walked right on twice.

ToT, longest wait of the trip - 15 minutes (standby)
RnRRC, 10 minutes tops.

Dinasour, walked right on.
Primeval Whirl, walked right on.
Safari, 5 minutes.
FoLK, arrived 15 minutes before show and were 3rd group in line.

Epcot (F+W Festival) Monday - Thursday, lines for all tastings were no more than a couple people. Friday and Saturday you could tell the locals were there. Lots of FSU, Miami, Fla, Tampa Bay Buc's gear. Lines were quite a bit longer, but still tolerable if you are used to the summer or spring break crowds.

Weather - Mid 80's for highs, mid to upper 60's for lows. Spit rain one afternoon. Sprinkled for an hour or so one morning.

All in all, one of the best trips we've had. Will do Oct again asap!

Can someone remind me again when the Food and wine festival is each year.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter