Crowds in May

2infinityandbeyond

DIS Veteran
I'm looking over the touring plans in the Unofficial Guide, and for the MK it says basically to pick either Buzz/Space Mtn or Splash/Big Thunder Mtn to go on first, and be prepared to wait line (get Fastpass for SM and ride BTM) for the ride(s) you pick to go on second.

Here's what I'm wondering...when we go in May, what will the crowds consist of? Families with preschoolers? Do people take their school age kids out of school to go to WDW with just a few weeks left in the school year?

I'm wondering if it might be better to go to Fantasyland first (and ignore the UG), right when the park opens, and do the "kiddie" attractions, so we're not waiting in long lines for Peter Pan, Pooh, Philharmagic, IASW, Dumbo, etc. as the day goes on and the park becomes more crowded. This would work, I think, if families with preschoolers make up a good part of the crowd.

Thoughts??

We've been twice in May and there were children of all ages there. Crowds were not bad at all, though. The worst lines were for Splash Mountain and Space Mountain. With fastpass you should have no problem at all. May is a wonderful time of year to go - moderate crowds and the weather is beautiful. We are going over spring break this year :eek: My oldest DD is in Middle School now so I don't want her to miss a week of school; otherwise, we'd be going in May as well. :D Enjoy!

We have been in May many times and each time there is always a mix of all ages and groups.

This is what we do...EMH or Park opening
Enter MK and go directly to Fantasyland: (don't stop on Main Street to meet Characters you will have time later)
We ride:
1) Dumbo (the line will grow so fast that if you wait it's not worth it)
2) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
3) Peter Pan's Flight
4) Mickey's PhilharMagic
5) It's a Small World *
6) Snow White's Scary Adventures *
7) Cinderella's Carrousel *
8) Teacups *
These rides aren't as cridical to ride as the first. If any of them have a wait longer then a few minutes you can check back later...I have seen a 30 min wait for Small World then just afterwards no line at all.

You will also be able to judge about riding an attraction twice many times if there is no line the CM's will just let you stay on the ride and have a second ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter