• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds at Sea World on a Weekend.

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
I haven't been to Sea World in over 20 years and I'm planning on going next year. So far it looks like I'll be back in the area late July or early August.

I don't have a clue as to the "recommended" days for going to Sea World. Or....is this a Park where it doesn't matter what day you go it's always crowded! :)

Any information will be appreciated.

July and August are the most busiest months of the year because it is summer, plus it will be hot out. Go early in July if you can. August is the worst month in terms of crowds and heat. If you could move your trip to May/June it would help.

Of coarse, going during the week is better because parents have to work and everyone knows that weekends are the worst.

SWF has become very popular these days. If you arrive when they open at 9am, you can do Journey to Atlantis (JTA) and Kraken at the back of the park. These rides have a 1 hour wait in the afternoon. If you arrive at 9am, you will get walkon rides to start your day.

Walk to the front of the park to see the polar bear exhibit which has a simulator ride. Skip the simulator and do the by terrain walk thru because you'll get sick on the ride. It's one of those simulators that tricks your brain into thinking it's going somewhere it really isn't. This exhibit can also have a 1 hour wait in the afternoon.

Once you've done the 3 rides, you can relax and go see the shows. Get to each show 30 minutes before it starts, because once the stadium fills up, they don't allow any more guests in.

The only other line you would wait in is lunch. Either eat at 11am or 2pm and you won't have a long line.

robvia - Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately I'll be in Florida most likely the first week in August. I was there this past July and the summer heat doesn't bother me that much. Of course I'd much rather be there in April or May but my son's school frowns on us taking him out during the school year. Most Catholic Schools here in NY don't like it.

I think I'll take your advice and try to get to SF during the week.

Thanks again for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter