Crohn's Disease-recently diagnosed-trip in 2 weeks

Thanks for the inquiries. The trip was wonderful! The weather was really perfect--not a drop of rain. Eating was a little challenging because my symptoms just haven't been great. The Touring Plan app to search menus was a great help during the trip! One day, all I wanted was chicken noodle soup. I was amazed at how hard it was to find! I did finally find it at 50's Prime Time since we were at DHS that day. Our server was great--I felt kind of bad ordering just the soup and I asked if it was possible to get some bread with it. Our server, Cousin Bruce ( I think) told me he could probably run down to the Piggly Wiggly and get some for me:)(50's PT is a fun place to eat if you haven't tried it). I really appreciated it!
michelleiada--I tried ordering it a few weeks ago but just received notice that it is no longer available on Amazon. I haven't had a chance to look elsewhere. I did get the cookbook for the SCD and another book Living with Crohn's and Colitis I go to the doc Wednesday and want to talk about getting completely off the Entocort ASAP (I just tapered to 1 pill) and going with the diet for awhile. This just seems to make sense to me since the only thing that has helped me so far is the probiotic. I may PM you when I have a little more time to really look into the diet! I appreciate the offer:)

chefmb said:
Thanks for the inquiries. The trip was wonderful! The weather was really perfect--not a drop of rain. Eating was a little challenging because my symptoms just haven't been great. The Touring Plan app to search menus was a great help during the trip! One day, all I wanted was chicken noodle soup. I was amazed at how hard it was to find! I did finally find it at 50's Prime Time since we were at DHS that day. Our server was great--I felt kind of bad ordering just the soup and I asked if it was possible to get some bread with it. Our server, Cousin Bruce ( I think) told me he could probably run down to the Piggly Wiggly and get some for me:)(50's PT is a fun place to eat if you haven't tried it). I really appreciated it!
michelleiada--I tried ordering it a few weeks ago but just received notice that it is no longer available on Amazon. I haven't had a chance to look elsewhere. I did get the cookbook for the SCD and another book Living with Crohn's and Colitis I go to the doc Wednesday and want to talk about getting completely off the Entocort ASAP (I just tapered to 1 pill) and going with the diet for awhile. This just seems to make sense to me since the only thing that has helped me so far is the probiotic. I may PM you when I have a little more time to really look into the diet! I appreciate the offer:)

Amazon will be carrying it again. I believe it is because they are releasing a new edition the end of January. You can preorder at Barnes and Noble. It is truly the best thing to ever happen to us. It changed my daughters life! Please feel free to PM me anytime and I can give you the details of my daughters story and complete recovery!

chefmb,

Glad you had a nice trip! We always have a dinner at 50's PTC. My husband loves eating there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter