Crocs Olivia UPDATE: Taken Care Of

LJSquishy

DIS Veteran
First, I want to say the search feature on this site doesn't work at all! I am a member of another forum with this same layout and it works just fine.

I tried to find the Crocs thread I previously posted in but couldn't so I thought I would just start my own. I had told several people I would review my 1st pair of Crocs when they arrived in the mail, which was today.

I measured my foot carefully three times (once with my husband's help) to be sure I had an accurate foot measurement for selecting the proper Crocs size. I wanted the Olivia style to use specifically for the wet rides in Disney World. I wasn't looking for something ultra comfortable or a shoe I could walk around in all day. I wanted something mildly cute but different than a flip flop. These fit the bill perfectly.

According to my foot size, I was exactly a size 7. I typically wear a 7.5 to 8 in most other shoes so I was a little hesitant on my Crocs size, but since I wasn't in between sizes measurement wise, I felt confident in going with the 7. The Olivia style has a "relaxed fit" and states your toes should not touch the front of the shoe, and your foot will lightly touch the sides of the shoe, but not tightly. Crocs recommended sizing down if you were in between sizes. Since I measured at exactly a size 7, I was certain it would be perfect since I wouldn't have to decide whether or not to size up/down.

Wow! The sizing is off! Total bummer. I love everything about them...except my big toe touches the front of my the shoe. They are comfortable, mildly cute, but I'm sure I won't be able to wear them in the parks to walk around even if I wanted to. Your feet naturally swell when you walk long distances, so if my toe is already touching, it will only worsen with distance. I am so sad. I cannot return/exchange them because there are no Crocs stores in my area and they will charge return shipping on top of the shipping I already paid to have them sent to me. That means if I were to do a return and then repurchase a size 8, the price of the Crocs would basically be double the price. Not worth it.

These shoes look like they will wear out in 6 months just based on the material, but I have never owned a pair so I can't say for certain. Do they wear out quickly?

Is there a way to stretch them out a tad lengthwise without widening them too much? Do they stretch on their own with wear?

They will make due for the water rides, but I was really hoping I could wear them on quick errands or for short walking distances. I am almost positive the size 8 would be the better fit, although I do worry that the back band would slip on my heel.

So...if you are considering these specific shoes, do not size down if you are between sizes, and if you fall right on a specific size, at least consider sizing up. I would not recommend purchasing Crocs online if you do not have a retail store in your area.

Edited to add: I purchased the "Red" color -- it is not a true cherry red, it is more of a watermelon color, meaning a red with quite a bit of a pinky-orange hue. You would be able to wear small amounts of a true red with them, like accessories or small accents in a shirt, but definitely not with an entirely red shirt.

If you really likje shoes try ordering from Zappos or Shoebuy they offer free shipping and free return shipping. I Wish I could help you more. Have you tried using store locater on crocs website to see if any stores are in your area that sell crocs?

Just for kicks I put in your location on locater and I came up with Nordsoms, Journeys, ruby slipper, sports authorty, sportsman warehouse, cabelas. Maybe one of these locations would be able to help you.

Just for kicks I put in your location on locater and I came up with Nordsoms, Journeys, ruby slipper, sports authorty, sportsman warehouse, cabelas. Maybe one of these locations would be able to help you.

Yes, there are stores in my area that sell Crocs but they cannot accept returns from the Crocs website. I originally thought I could return them to any store that sold Crocs, but now I see on the Crocs website that they will not accept returns at stores other than actual Crocs retail stores. :(

have you called Crocs? I would. If you measured and their site said you needed a 7 (implied you would need a 6 actually) then this is their issue, not your issue.

They should offer a courtesy return IMO.

have you called Crocs? I would. If you measured and their site said you needed a 7 (implied you would need a 6 actually) then this is their issue, not your issue.

They should offer a courtesy return IMO.

I did consider trying that since my identical inches measurement stated I was a 7 and not an in-between size. It wouldn't hurt to at least find out if they would make an exception and do an even exchange without me having to pay return shipping or shipping on the new item.

Edited to add: I just emailed them explaining the problem and asking if it would be possible to have them exchange the sizes without me having to pay for return/new shipping. I'm not expecting they will agree, but it is worth trying. :)

If crocs won't help you out with the shipping for the return, there is a croc store at the Orlando Airport, as well as several other locations around Orlando where they could be returned. Another idea may be to try and sell them on Craigs List or E-bay. As a last resort, put them in your dryer and when they are still warm, put them on your feet. I did this with a pair for my daughter when her feet grew a lot and she had only had her crocs for about 2 weeks. It did help a little, because they will mold to your foot, and will "grow" a little bit.

If crocs won't help you out with the shipping for the return, there is a croc store at the Orlando Airport, as well as several other locations around Orlando where they could be returned. Another idea may be to try and sell them on Craigs List or E-bay. As a last resort, put them in your dryer and when they are still warm, put them on your feet. I did this with a pair for my daughter when her feet grew a lot and she had only had her crocs for about 2 weeks. It did help a little, because they will mold to your foot, and will "grow" a little bit.

Thank you for the suggestions. I don't know if the store carries the Olivia's but that is a really good option if I find they just won't work for me. I did hear about putting them in the dryer and then putting a pair of thick socks on and wearing them to stretch them out but I'm not sure how that would help with the length of them since the width is okay. But, again, it's another option if I can't exchange them. Thank you! :)

If you can't get an even exchange, I'd try tossing them in the dryer to heat them up and then use a shoe stretcher. Being that most people don't have one of these, find a pair of dress shoes still in their box and pull out the stuffing and the wooden dowel to use. You may need more cardboard/tissue paper in the toe.

If you wear thick socks, you'll stretch out the sides too.

FWIW, I can't wear Crocs either because of their sizing - 8 is too short and 9 too long/big all over. I've tried several styles.

Also, Shoebuy is my buy and return for free go-to shoe store. (And they always offer a discount somewhere; and 5% extra if you purchase every month or so.)

If you can't get an even exchange, I'd try tossing them in the dryer to heat them up and then use a shoe stretcher. Being that most people don't have one of these, find a pair of dress shoes still in their box and pull out the stuffing and the wooden dowel to use. You may need more cardboard/tissue paper in the toe.

If you wear thick socks, you'll stretch out the sides too.

FWIW, I can't wear Crocs either because of their sizing - 8 is too short and 9 too long/big all over. I've tried several styles.

Also, Shoebuy is my buy and return for free go-to shoe store. (And they always offer a discount somewhere; and 5% extra if you purchase every month or so.)

I actually do have a few shoe stretchers I think. I don't usually throw out all of the shoe box contents so I will see if I still have one or two lying around. My husband has the nice cedar wood shoe things but those would be WAY too big for my Crocs! LOL! :laughing:

I've been trying to call the MCO Crocs location but no one will answer the phone! I've tried several times...I can't imagine they're THAT busy all of the time...

I'm just trying to find out if they carry the Olivia style because I would love to exchange the 7s for 8s if they have them...or for any cute flat style shoe, really. But I got a good deal on the Olivia's ($15.99 + shipping) so I would hate to have to pay more for another style.

I got an email today stating that Crocs would accept my return and as a one time courtesy would email me a prepaid shipping label to return the smaller size. In addition, they provided me with a single use free shipping code to apply to the new order of larger Crocs. I thought that was very considerate of them to do, and while I was hoping they would do exactly that, they certainly were not obligated to do so. My opinion of the company is even higher now.

So...I just ordered my size 8 shoes, and they will thankfully be here a few days before our trip. They have 11 full days (9 business days not counting Sat) to arrive. :) I think the 8s will fit perfectly, but in the odd case they are too big, at least I know I can shrink them...which is easier than stretching them lengthwise! ;) Oh, and I also found a better discount code to use on them so I am actually paying about $1.50 less than I did the first time! Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter