Crocs - Nile Style - $19.95 at REI.com

I think I read on the REI site that you can flip the backstarp forward and wear them as a backless shoe. Im sorry I cant help you more.

Luv4Mickey said:
Okay, so this is the third time I am posting this question on the DIS. With the "Nile" shoe, can you remove the heel strap? No one has yet to answer me. I really like a backless shoe. I think the Crocs are one of the ugliest shoes ever. HOWEVER...I have a bad back and if I don't have the right shoe my back can go out on me after a long day at the park. I have read all of the reviews on their site as well as the DIS, so I looked carefully at the different shoes, and the Nile looks like the one I could tolerate looks wise. Believe me, if it helps my back then it really doesn't matter, now does it?? :rolleyes:

I recieved my order yesterday - yes, you can flip the back strap to the front.

I just want to warn everyone - these do NOT feel like the other Crocs I have (beach? I'm not sure if that's the name). They are VERY uncomforatable and about 5 times more ugly than my other Crocs (which are ugly enough!).

I had ordered 5 pairs, and all 5 are going back! :guilty:

Luv4Mickey said:
Okay, so this is the third time I am posting this question on the DIS. With the "Nile" shoe, can you remove the heel strap? No one has yet to answer me. I really like a backless shoe. I think the Crocs are one of the ugliest shoes ever. HOWEVER...I have a bad back and if I don't have the right shoe my back can go out on me after a long day at the park. I have read all of the reviews on their site as well as the DIS, so I looked carefully at the different shoes, and the Nile looks like the one I could tolerate looks wise. Believe me, if it helps my back then it really doesn't matter, now does it?? :rolleyes:

I just received my Niles yesterday, so I cannot comment about comfort yet. Technically you can flip the heel strap forward - however - it doesn't "work" like on the clog styles. On those styles the rivet for the heel strap is towards the back of the foot so therefore the heelstrap is rather short. On the Niles, the rivet is about at the center of the foot, making the heelstrap longer. Therefore, when you flip it forward it looks dorky and goes to the toe area.
I don't know if you could remove the rivet to take the strap off. You'd have to pry it or something.

Have you tried the Keens or Tevas? They are more money. I'm going to get a pair of the Keen Venice or Newport. I doube I would be able to do a day in the park in Crocs - I wanted the Niles to wear with a casual black skirt I have (and to try them out).

Sherry

Ok, my Niles came in. I'm going to wear them around the house tonight and see. At $23 shipped, they might be OK, but I don't think I'd wear them to WDW like I would my Beach style. I wear an 8.5 and have a wide foot. I bought an 8, and they seem a little narrow to me. Don't think I could go to a 9 because they'd be too long.

HTH someone.

I received mine the other day, and they don't seem very comfortable to me. I think I'll be returning mine, too...

I've got mine on today -- the heel straps are HUGE. They don't even touch my foot and instead lay at on the foot bed. I did do the dryer trick -- that's probably what did it.

Also, I was at Von Maur last night (an upscale department store) and they had the Niles marked down from $30 to $20. They had Pearl White, Lime Green, Fuschia, Black and a couple of pairs of light blue. This was in Louisville.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter