crocs.com Rant Grrrrr

I think that this time of year companies should think about this. Yesterday my ds's electric guitar came, his main gift, and it was shipped in the regular box that was plain as day as to what it was.

Thank goodness I remembered to leave work for a little while and get it before he got home.

I ordered DS an XBox 360/Guitar Hero bundle from Walmart that arrived via UPS and "in the nude", there was no packaging... it was the actual system box with the invoice taped on. It included (on the end, in large text) the entire package contents as well as having the XB/GH logos all over it!

Guess who got that package? DS of course. :sad2:

DH cannot get packages sent to his work and my parents live some ways away but really, until this, it never occured to me they would send the actual box itself, without any wrap. I wish it would have specified that in the ad!

Every other package from Walomart.com, all Amazon packages, and TRU packages arrived "cloaked"... wouldn't you know this was DS main present and he knows what it is? :eek:

;)
I ordered DS an XBox 360/Guitar Hero bundle from Walmart that arrived via UPS and "in the nude", there was no packaging... it was the actual system box with the invoice taped on. It included (on the end, in large text) the entire package contents as well as having the XB/GH logos all over it!

Guess who got that package? DS of course. :sad2:

DH cannot get packages sent to his work and my parents live some ways away but really, until this, it never occured to me they would send the actual box itself, without any wrap. I wish it would have specified that in the ad!

Every other package from Walomart.com, all Amazon packages, and TRU packages arrived "cloaked"... wouldn't you know this was DS main present and he knows what it is? :eek:

Not to sound too "conspiracy theorist-y" but I bet they do think about it. They probably think that if people find out about their gifts, that whoever ordered that for them will probably go out and buy the gift reciever something extra as a surprise, since the original surprise was ruined! ;)

It seems strange for them to ship in the actual product packaging instead of a box...the product is more likely to get damaged. So I'm sure they have some so-called reason for doing it (possibly saving money on the shipping costs or something). I still think it's bad marketing on the part of the stores to do things like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter