• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crocs at the parks?

disneygal55

DIS Veteran
For anybody who has been to WDW recently. How often did you see people wearing crocs...my DH bought a pair with my encouragement but is a little nervous about wearing them. I'd like my 2 DS's to get a pair but they "don't want to look like dorks!"...as you can probably tell they're teenagers!

I have read a lot of posts stating that people loved them and that a lot of people were wearing them.

I also have a teenager and solved the problem by ordering croc sandals and flip flops. You can order online at at their website

Hopefully this helps.

We just returned and I can tell you that my feet were not alone in their Crocs! I thought they were so ugly, but I got them anyway in pink. They were so comfy! I saw lots of people, men, women and children in these shoes. I made a point the first day we arrived of pointing out all those I saw in them to my family because they all thought I was nuts to have bought them and were sure I'd be the only one wearing them!

My whole family has them including my dh, ds(16) and dd(12). Both had told me no one else wore them. Wlakingout of the store where we bought them we counted 3 people in the mall wearing them. When i explained that they were the newest thing and let them walk around in them they loved them so much both of them wore them to school. They got lost of comments most of them good and now they see more and more people wearing them. They are trendsetters! LOL!

Really dumb question, but, do you wear socks with them or no? Or do you look like an old man wearing socks with sandals?

I was skeptical when I got my first pair of Crocs, but in May, I took 2 pair to WDW and I will never again go without them!! My feet were in heaven at the end of the day and I couldn't believe it. There were quite a few people with them on and some entire families with their Crocs! I had several people ask me about them also! When I first got my Crocs, I had to have socks, I didn't like the bumpy feel on my bare feet, but after wearing them sockless at Disney, they are more comfy without socks! If your feet feel a little sweaty, during a ride or a break, just kick them loose for a few seconds and get that puff of air to dry your feet and you are good to go! I wear mine without the straps around my feet, too. The straps cram my feet up in the shoe too much so I like them like clogs--they don't come off while walking!

We just got back, and I too had twisted my DH's arm to get a pair. Once he wore them 1 day down in Disney, he never took them off!! And sooooooo many people were wearing them!! Everywhere you look, people have them on. I think your DH and kids will be thankful they have them once they get down there!! :thumbsup2

I see so much written about crocs, but pardon my ignorance...what do they look like? Could someone please post a link or a pic?
TIA

Princess_De said:
I see so much written about crocs, but pardon my ignorance...what do they look like? Could someone please post a link or a pic?
TIA

Here's a Pic of DD with her Jibbits in

DSC00171.jpg

Also I was in Dicks yesterday a man had his kids looking at shoes he had a navy pair in his cart .His wife asked about the kids then saw the Crocs and said who are these for He said Me i'm going to try them for Disney.You know I was looking for the Green mickey head but didn't see one so I went on my way.

Oh and our DICKS had them everywhere at the entrance,in the middle isles and in the shoe dept.Athens as well but not as mant as the Beach or Caymens .It looked like a light bulbs on a christmas tree all around .

I think I'm getting the Airwalk red,white,and blue ones to try.

I wore mine to WDW May '05, Sept '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, and May '06. I'll also be wearing them again in Sept. It seems like every time I go we see more and more people wearing them. A single day didn't go by on the last two trips that we didn't see people wearing them down there. Also every trip we've had people ask about them and say they're going to have to try them. In Sept '05 myself, my ex, my D-I-L, and my son all wore them.

DsD and I bought ours yesterday after going to two payless stores for the airwalks. We got the wild blue rainbow color. LOOk out WDW! LOL :cool1:

I'm going to have to order mine online and I was wondering how the sizing was. I usually wear a 7 1/2 shoe - is this the same in ALL crocs. I was planning on possibly getting two different styles.

zoomsharedisney said:
I'm going to have to order mine online and I was wondering how the sizing was. I usually wear a 7 1/2 shoe - is this the same in ALL crocs. I was planning on possibly getting two different styles.

No. My Beach run large whereas my Athens flip flops run true to size. My Niles run small and my Aspens run REALLY small. I normally wear an 8. My Beach are a 8-9W, the Athens are an 8-9W. My Niles are 8-9W (but my toe touches the ends) and my Aspens are a 9W..I've never worn a 9 in my life but my Aspens are the most comfortable of the seven pairs I own and fit snugger than my Beach.

If I were to rank them in order of comfort it would be:
1. Aspens
2. Beach
3. Athens
4. Niles

I love the Niles for around here, but they gave me a blister my first day at WDW. The Athens also gave me a hot spot in the exact same place-just beneath my big toes on both feet. Both styles have a little ridge in that area that irritate my feet. Also my red Niles are just a tad longer than my blue Niles, even though they're supposed to be the same size.

I have asked this question again and again - so I am sorry - I still feel like I don't believe the answers!

Sounds too good to be true! But since I'm tired of wearing sneakers in the parks - too hot and uncomfortable... I am considering Crocs.

I would wear without socks - don't your feet sweat and slide out?

The Athens (are they the flip flops?) Do they offer the same support as the Original style Crocs?

I appreciate your answers as I try to be converted!

:goodvibes

Guess what? My older DS was finally convinced to try crocs in WDW (as long as they were black). My youngest actually asked me to buy him a pair (he wanted the dark green but couldn't find a pair at Dick's so bought him the navy pair). My DH who is recovering nicely from foot surgery asked me to pick up another pair. He says that these are the only shoes that he feels comfortable wearing! Look out WDW...here we come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter