Crocs are taking over !!

I saw a lot of people wearing Crocs when I was in Banff but they're not popular in Quebec. The only ones who wear them are little kids and dog walkers.

Well I already take a larger shoe size and they look huge on my feet! Plus my foot is on the medium to narrow side and they are way too wide to me. I can't imagine walking around with something so loose on my feet!

I also tried on a thong-style and they are way too wide, as well!

What's with the really wide width with them all?

Best shoes I ever bought. THere are nine ladies where I work (waitresses )and we all have crocs. Don't buy knock offs they are definately not the same. I have the open toed sandal with a back strap and I wear them eveywhere. Cost $24 in southern Bruce county.

We've got 'em here. I have the Athens flip-flop style (I don't like the looks of the others on adults, either) and my dd (6) has the traditional ones (beach?). My ds (3) is even asking for a pair! My dd had to have them after we saw them all over WDW. They really are very comfy!

Bought a pair and returned it the next day - couldn' t do it - they were not only UGLY they didn' t fit my foot properly and looked HUGE on me - I have big enough feet already and don't need a shoe to make them look bigger :rolleyes: Plus when I wore them around the house they made my foot feel 'slimy' :lmao:

Crocs are ugly....however...I own three pairs...heeheehee.

Here are soooooo comfy!

My kids love them too!

S

Ok, so after going on about how much I hate mine I have to now say that after walking in them for 5 hours today my feet feel GREAT!!

Ugly shoes = $40.00
Parking = $9.00
Way too many bottled waters on a hot day= $30.00

Feet that do not scream in pain= PRICELESS!!!!!

I agree they are ugly but once I tried them on, I was hooked!! :teeth: They are absolutely the most comfortable things I have ever worn. We all have them (DH, DS and DD) and we are now all croc lovers! I am off in the summer so I haven't worn them to work but for walking, shopping, etc. I love them. Mine are beige (quite neutral) so they don't stand out so much. I did try on a few imitations and they are not the same--I would avoid them.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!

I own 3 pairs and wear nothing else (well, except my work shoes because I have to, but at night on break I switch to my crocs). Don't settle for the knock-offs, they are not the same and you definitely get what you pay for. I wore mine to Disney in April, and while I did get blisters, it was more due to the amount of walking I did (I was the fast-pass volunteer for the family), but I will say my crocs are the only thing that let me keep walking! I couldn't even get from bed to bathroom in the morning until I put them on. They are very cushy and after a while, form to your foot.

A great advantage to them is they are washable!! At AK I spilled 2 large drinks (hate the no lid thing) all over me and my crocs. Quick trip to the bathroom, washed them off in the sink, dried for a few seconds under the dryer and voila! no sticky shoe syndrome for the rest of the day.

I also wore them on the beach, in the water, and if I needed to get a stone or shell off my foot, took them off and they float!!

I totally used to be a birkenstock girl, but if they got wet or if my feet were really sweaty, they stayed wet and slimy and gross. In crocs, they dry quickly and even though I still sweat, they don't stay slimy and they don't smell!! Also love the easy clean-up compared to other shoes.

Now I'm just trying to justify more!! I have navy, khaki and fushia, but would love orange and lime green too!! My father even got a pair!!! And he's ultra conservative!!! But he's diabetic and could not resist how comfortable they are. I want to get some for my ds, but he keeps outgrowing shoes at such a pace now, I don't know.

For fit questions, go to their web-site, www.crocs.com They are supposed to fit a little loose and big, that way there is no friction. They do ship in Canada, my co-worker ordered online and had them shipped, very reasonable too and no customs or duty so I'm thinking they shipped from within Canada as they do manufacture in Canada too.

Also, love the jibbitz jewellry for them. My mom just bought me a pink ribbon and gave it to me last night to wear on my fushia ones while doing my fundraising today for the big Weekend to End Breast Cancer walk. It is so cute, but I can see the jewellry will be just as addictive as the crocs!!!

There is a company in BC now making a Canadian version called holey soles www.holeysoles.com they say they are the exact same as crocs just much cheaper they had them at the priceclub in London south for 19.99. No matter how comfortable people say they are I will stick with my running shoes and fashion awareness before I would ever put my feet in those atrocities.

One thing I am wondering about Crocs... DF and I are going to get a pair for Disney... is... don't they get hot and sticky?

You know... sweat + plastic = sticky????

And, what is this jewelry that you are talking about??? :wizard:

misslissa said:
One thing I am wondering about Crocs... DF and I are going to get a pair for Disney... is... don't they get hot and sticky?

You know... sweat + plastic = sticky????

And, what is this jewelry that you are talking about??? :wizard:

As I posted on teh first page the one guy here at work hates them for that he says his feet sweat like crazy in them as they are just made of foam rubber material and get pretty darn warm. He does say they get kinda slimy inside but atleast he said you could wash them out LOL.

They're supposed to not get slimey. They are made of a special foam so that doesn't happen. I did wear mine at WDW last July & no sweat issues. Even more to the point I wore mine yesterday & today around here baking in the plus 30 heat & humidity (& WDW in July was supposed to be hot -- hah! at least the air-conditioning was close there) & again, just fine. I love them for the yard, gardening, easy slip-on slip-off, get wet, no probs at beach/waterpark. Again, great for WDW especially if any rainstorms. We were at MGM for Hurricane Dennis which was a giant thunderstorm in Orlando & just kept on going. Yay Crocs!

BUT, they ARE UGLY! BUT I still love them. Nothing better for WDW. Especially with the little strap (needed for Soarin') or no strap for the rest of the time. No sore feet or knee issues.

There's lots of talk on the Budget Boards about these. Of course, YMMV as it did for f4disneyfan's colleague.

My kids have the cayman style and they said that as hot as they are in this heat wave their feet are not hot.
So I don't think they get slimy, at least not the ones I got them. I have the athens so being a flip flop they do not get hot either.

They do NOT get slimy and they are the first shoe I have worn that didnt make my feet stink ....

Oh no its sound like I am accually turning pro-croc's ......

Mine don't get slimy either. And when my mom and I were on a cruise my feet were killing me in St. Thomas while I was wearing flip flops so we stopped by a store that had crocs and got me my first pair. I have to say, my feet were in heaven for the rest of that trip whenever I wore my crocs and still are when I wear them :) I now own 3 pairs, light blue caymans, and niles and professionals in pink :) I think they're actually kind of cute lol! They grow on you :rotfl:

Well perhaps there's something wrong with my feet then b/c I wore them around the house for a long time before returning them and my feet definatly felt slimy!!

If you are unlucky enough to experience painful heels or any other foot discomforts on a permanent and daily basis, you TOO will realize that sometimes comfort surpasses fashion!!

I wore mine in Disney for 9 days, and I an SOOO glad I did!! My trip would not have been as great if I had to deal with aching feet (which was a big concern for me and the reason I bought Crocs to begin with!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter