Crock Pot Recipes Please

Okay i just put the "Easy chicken tacos" in the crockpot. It did seem like a lot of seasoning to be in there-- but im trusting this will come out good :) Smells good anyway!

I really like the Crock Pot liners (sold near bags & wraps in grocery store) for easy clean up. They save lots of scrubbing. :thumbsup2

One that is a family favorite is also the easiest ever.

Take some stew meat, throw in crock...add any spices you like ( I use grill seasoning), pour in a can of beef broth...cook on low about 7-8 hours...about a half an hour before serving, I wisk in a package of gravy mix and some fresh mushrooms....serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles...

Very Simple.

Is this going to be a dish I can bare smelling all day? Ive made bar-b-q chicken in the crock pot before and by the time it was finished i couldnt stand to eat it due to the smell.

I dont know if it was the bar-b-q that stunk or the chicken. Im used to the crockpot though!

I think ill make this today!

I've had mine going since like 10AM and it smells good to me:thumbsup2

I've had mine going since like 10AM and it smells good to me:thumbsup2

I don't know why but sometimes stuff I cook with chicken stinks after a while. Maybe its just coincidence that its all been with chicken. It smells good-- don't get me wrong-- but sometimes the smell is just so powerful that by the time you go to eat it- your sick of smelling it, ya know? lol I'm weird--lol I know!

Here's a yummy one I made this week and will make next week too :yay: ! I would cut out at least a third of the au jus mix or use low sodium soup, this recipe is a tad on the salty side. You also must use ground sirloin, a fattier ground beef will make the gravy greasy and gross. Double the "gravy" if you want lots for potatoes (although I thought there was plenty for my needs!) :). I would also cook it a good long time, I did it for 3.5 hours and I would have done it longer if I'd had time (more like 6 on low).

Salisbury Steak

INGREDIENTS
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (1 ounce) packet dry au jus mix
3/4 cup water

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and milk using your hands. Shape into 8 patties.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the patties in flour just to coat, and quickly brown on both sides in the hot skillet. Place browned patties into the slow cooker stacking alternately like a pyramid. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, au jus mix, and water. Pour over the meat. Cook on the Low setting for 4 or 5 hours, until ground beef is well done.

Reviving the crockpot thread since it's back to school time around here and there's a hint of fall in the air!

How did I miss that this was moved here? A belated :welcome: to everyone who posts on this thread. Please know that you are welcome to post recipes in any thread, but I do try to copy all crockpot recipes into our Crockpot Crazy thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=275509 (It helps for those of us who like "one stop shopping" ;) )

A separate thread exists to hold the index for the Crockpot Crazy thread. It also has an index for another crockpot thread that was moved here as well - that index can be found in post #7. The index can be found at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33358215#post33358215 Links are provided to the actual recipe threads.

I'll try to get all of your yummy recipes indexed & added as soon as I have a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter