Critique My Plans -- Booking FastPass+ on 3/31

tdgab

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend (25), our best friend (23), and I (26) are heading to WDW in just over 2 months! This is our first extended trip as adults. My last two trips have been one-day whirlwinds with Cast Member friends. We're also Disneyland AP's, so we're much more familiar with DL and DCA. Thoughts on our plans? Thanks in advance!

WDWtrip_v1.jpg

Last edited:
Love your spreadsheet!! One thing that stands out is that you are arriving at MCO at 8:30am. IF that is the case I would definitely get a ticket for that day too, because it essentially means 3 more FP to use which helps a lot especially with parks like MK when there are so many rides to do. Consider it. I'm not sure how or where you go your tickets.

As for FP choices i think you have it pretty good. When getting on the computer you must grab your FOP FP first, then Frozen and probably 7DMT. Other than that you can just go in order of what you have.

For MK -- if you have the PPO breakfast (and they don't change park opening time you can probably hit PPF without a FP. You definitely want one for Splash and if you don't hit space MT early there would be a pretty long wait. Try to plan out the times of your FP so that you avoid wasting time back tracking. Having maps of the park to look at helps.

Your HS selection is fine, FYI there are no FP for TSMM until the new TS land officially opens.

AK have to get FOP, the one i wouldn't worry about is Kali River. That you might be able to grab as a 3rd or 4th FP. Dinosaur if you can hit at park opening will have a short wait -- most people are heading towards Pandora, Safari and Everest.

Epcot - your choices are fine - just make sure you are not running to the frozen FP when you are spending time in future world. Maybe plan that FP near your dinner time as you will already be in that area.

Love your spreadsheet!! One thing that stands out is that you are arriving at MCO at 8:30am. IF that is the case I would definitely get a ticket for that day too, because it essentially means 3 more FP to use which helps a lot especially with parks like MK when there are so many rides to do. Consider it. I'm not sure how or where you go your tickets.

Thanks for all of this information! We were planning on spending our arrival day at the pool and Disney Springs, but had considered another MK day. I think you've convinced me!

If we don't, I think we'll go crazy from anticipation that first day!
That is the toughest part, being there an not being able to go into a park. You could relax, go to DS for lunch hopefully get a room ready text and then hit a park in the evening. That ways you can get the best of everything. The toughest part with being at the resort is being homeless and no place to really go and unwind, so with that we usually just choose to head to a park. You might get lucky and get a room ready text early-- if you don't put in too many room requests then you might have a better chance of getting a room sooner. It is kind of hit or miss really with no real pattern of how people get rooms assigned.

As a teacher I must say I’m obsessed with how great your spreadsheet is. It puts my Google Doc to shame!! I think your fastpass plans look great and agree with previous poster to book your FOP fastpass as soon as your window opens up.

Where are your staying? I would definitely do a park on your arrival day if you’re getting in that early. You can still do dinner at Disney Springs. I’d highly recommend Homecomin.

As a teacher I must say I’m obsessed with how great your spreadsheet is. It puts my Google Doc to shame!! I think your fastpass plans look great and agree with previous poster to book your FOP fastpass as soon as your window opens up.

Where are your staying? I would definitely do a park on your arrival day if you’re getting in that early. You can still do dinner at Disney Springs. I’d highly recommend Homecomin.
Thanks! I'm a little obsessive about my spreadsheets. I'm an Arts Administrator and Designer, so those skills combine to great result.

We're staying at All Star Music. Homecomin' is on my short list for Disney Springs. Thanks for the recommendation!

P.S. Love your avatar photo -- I'm a Kentucky native. Taking a few days detour to Kentucky on our way to Orlando!

Thanks! I'm a little obsessive about my spreadsheets. I'm an Arts Administrator and Designer, so those skills combine to great result.

I’m also a designer and your spreadsheet made me smile. I’m a little obsessive about them too. Working on my Disney plan for November at the moment. ;-)

I’m also a designer and your spreadsheet made me smile. I’m a little obsessive about them too. Working on my Disney plan for November at the moment. ;-)
Let me know if you share! I love seeing the method to everyone’s madness.

I can't help but stare at your pretty spreadsheet rather than read the details of your FPs. As PP said it does put my Google Doc to shame.

Going to a park on your arrival day will probably also allow you more flexibility and options to book your FOP FP on day 5 instead of day 4.

Going to a park on your arrival day will probably also allow you more flexibility and options to book your FOP FP on day 5 instead of day 4.
Would adding a park day on 5/30 bump my 60 day FP+ window to 3/30 instead of 3/31?

Would adding a park day on 5/30 bump my 60 day FP+ window to 3/30 instead of 3/31?

Sorry, I think my answer was confusing. I was thinking your check in day was the 31st. The FP window would be 60 days from your check in day, so if you are checking in to a Disney resort on 5/30 the FP window would be the same. If you were checking in on 5/30 instead of 5/31 that would give you the extra day. So basically disregard what I said.

I wouldnt waste a MK fastpass on Peter Pan, I never have had a problem snagging a fourth fastpass for Peter Pan day of after using my first three fastpasses. My theory is that the parents with kids have all since left the park or got earlier fastpasses. I'm 26 myself and I usually do 7DMT, Space Mtn and Splash Mtn or Thunder Mtn. And then usually will get a Peter Pan and sometimes even a Jungle Cruise one after the fact (and thats with my third fastpass not ending until 4 or 5)

Thanks for all of this information! We were planning on spending our arrival day at the pool and Disney Springs, but had considered another MK day. I think you've convinced me!
The incremental cost of the 5th day makes it totally worth it for the extra FP. Going from 2 to 3 days is nothing like going from 4 to 5.

WOW!!! that is one impressive spreadsheet!! :worship:

Your plans look amazing. Like pp have said i think you should plan a day in a park when you arrive. I know my 27 yo DD loves to go right to MK first thing.:yay:

Have a magical time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter