Critique My Dining Plan?

czechplz

Big Al's #1 Pal
I was hoping to see what thoughts you all had about the dining plans I made for our upcoming trip. We are not using a DDP and will be eating breakfast on the go the entire week. We will be travelling with no children and four adults.

Day 1
Tangerine Cafe Lunch
Columbia Harbour House Dinner

Day 2
Pizzerizzo Lunch
Cinderella's Royal table Dinner or Hollywood Brown Derby

Day 3
Tusker House Lunch
Rose and Crown Dinner

Day 4
Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe Lunch
Pepper Market Dinner

Day 5
Be Our Guest Lunch or Casey's Corner
Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner

Last edited:
That looks like a good list to me. Not too many sit down meals in one day (looks like basically just Day 3 you've got two).

Personally, I'm not sure I'd use one of my meals at Pepper Market (good as it is!) rather than in the parks, but if that works for your touring plan or your group just wants a quiet(er) night in, that's great!

You don't have an evening in Epcot or Animal Kingdom. I'd personally rearrange a little to see the night shows.

I was hoping to see what thoughts you all had about the dining plans I made for our upcoming trip. We are not using a DDP and will be eating breakfast on the go the entire week. We will be travelling with no children and four adults.

Day 1
Lotus Blossom Cafe Lunch Ate there once and enjoyed
Columbia Harbour House Dinner Its good

Day 2
Fairfax Faire Lunch Never eat here but friends say the burgers are tasty
Cinderella's Royal table Dinner or Hollywood Brown Derby Only had breakfast at Cindys but experience is great, never been to HBD but friends rave about it

Day 3
Tusker House Lunch Never eat here but friends love it
Rose and Crown Dinner Among our faves

Day 4
Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe Lunch Had sweets from there, they are good
Pepper Market Dinner Good and lots of choices

Day 5
Be Our Guest Lunch or Casey's Corner Theming at BOG, WOW, lunch, so so. Casey's is good
Very good but go hungry

...Personally, I'm not sure I'd use one of my meals at Pepper Market (good as it is!) rather than in the parks, but if that works for your touring plan or your group just wants a quiet(er) night in, that's great!

We kind of defaulted Pepper Market into our plans because we want some Mexican and we will be at Hollywood Studios that evening for a few rides and to see A Galactic Spectacular. We figured we can just have dinner at the resort.

Theming at BOG, WOW, lunch, so so.

I agree on the so-so food. I really am not a fan at all, but because I am travelling with three people who have never been to BOG, (or WDW in general), I feel like it might be a necessity.

You don't have an evening in Epcot or Animal Kingdom. I'd personally rearrange a little to see the night shows.
On day 3 we will have dinner at Rose and Crown and watch Illuminations. As for Animal Kingdom in the evening, I decided to opt out of Rivers of Light just because it doesn't interest me or my party members.

Thanks for your input, by the way!

Looks wonderful! Personally I'd go with HBD on Day 2 and BOG on Day 5...the theming is excellent at BOG and there's something on the menu for just about everyone.

Can't go wrong with these choices though. Have a great time!

Day 1
Tangerine Cafe Lunch
-- Two light meals. I'd try for Be Our Guest Dinner (to meet The Beast), since you seem like meeting Characters is on your dining agenda.

Day 2
Pizzerizzo Lunch
-- Brown Derby only if you are getting a Fantasmic! package, otherwise, better food at nearby Swan & Dolphin Signatures. CRT is a lovely room (preorder a chocolate filled slipper for dessert).

Day 3
Tusker House Lunch
Rose and Crown Dinner
-- I have a healthy appetite, but a buffet lunch & Raglan Road is too much food. If you really want Tusker House (and we enjoy it well enough), then keep your options open in Disney Springs. But if you want the adult atmosphere at Raglan Road, and don't mind all that food in one day....OK.

Day 4
Pepper Market Dinner
-- Plenty of places to grab something in World Showcase. We prefer France, but to each their own. Consideration - Biergarten is kinda' Raglan Road fun, but with lesser quality food.

Day 5
-- By this point in your stay, I'm not sure 4 adults need to be spending all this time in MK. Given some of your other 'exotic' food choices, not sure Liberty Tree makes much sense to me.

Day 1
-- Two light meals. I'd try for Be Our Guest Dinner (to meet The Beast), since you seem like meeting Characters is on your dining agenda...

Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate it!

Both Tangerine Cafe and Harbour House are places I've heard about and always wanted to try. I know that two of the members are apprehensive with seafood so Harbour House may just be the other two of us if they chicken out. As of right now, they said they are interested in trying it. As for Tangerine Cafe, I jut LOVE lamb and mediterranean food. The others have never tried either so I really want to open their eyes to one of my favorite cuisines.

I have a reservation for HBD now. I've simply been interested in trying it after hearing about it so frequently. I REALLY would rather do a late dinner at CRT, but no reservations are open right now. If one pops up then we will be headed to CRT instead for sure.

Tusker House is a MUST on our trip (my personal favorite). We chose R&C just for a lack of other ideas so that may get changed easily.

I did think about Biergarten, but I haven't had any food ever from the Norweigan pavilion. I really like choosing quick service places to eat in Epcot because if one place doesn't have something any of us are interested in, we can move on with no hassle or even mix and match from places, which is something I had fun doing on one visit. The evening of day 4, we will be in Hollywood Studios to see A Galactic Spectacular. It seemed easy for us to just go and see the show and then head back to the resort to eat and relax.

I questioned the amount of time we had in Magic Kingdom too, but I am travelling with 3 adults who have never been to Disney World and 2 are avid Disney fans so I felt Magic Kingdom would help them grasp that Disney experience. Personally, I could spend We might have a midday break on day 1 and 5. If we tear through everything at MK then I'll probably head over to one of the other parks, depending on our choice. Liberty Tree was the choice of one of the guests because he is a semi-picky eater, (less adventurous than the other three)

Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate it!

Everybody has their own personal calculus for dining selections.

As long as folks have given ample thought to their choices, then their choices make sense.

You've given plenty of thought to your choices.

Enjoy!!

Day 3
Tusker House Lunch
Rose and Crown Dinner
-- I have a healthy appetite, but a buffet lunch & Raglan Road is too much food. If you really want Tusker House (and we enjoy it well enough), then keep your options open in Disney Springs. But if you want the adult atmosphere at Raglan Road, and don't mind all that food in one day....OK.

Just a note that she's having dinner in Epcot, not The Springs.

OP, I think Rose & Crown is an ok choice if it's late enough that you'll be viewing Illuminations from the restaurant or finding a spot right after dinner. That also gives quite a bit of time between the meals.

Just a note that she's having dinner in Epcot, not The Springs.

OP, I think Rose & Crown is an ok choice if it's late enough that you'll be viewing Illuminations from the restaurant or finding a spot right after dinner. That also gives quite a bit of time between the meals.
Thanks, I did read it as Raglan, not Rose.

Day 1
Tangerine Cafe Lunch

Day 2
Pizzerizzo Lunch

Day 3
Tusker House Lunch
Rose and Crown Dinner

Day 4
Pepper Market Dinner

Day 5
You've got a lot of our personal favorites on your list!

We really like Tangerine and Columbia Harbour House. CHH has some good non-seafood options too so it shouldn't be a problem. We love the seating and theming there.

Pizzerizzo was fun. We sat in the disco themed banquet room and really enjoyed it. We haven't tried Hollywood Brown Derby but it's on my bucket list. We always loved CRT.

Tusker House is also on my bucket list. R&C is our new favorite! We love it! I think it's ok to have after the buffet lunch because you could always go with an appetizer if you're still feeling full. They have some nice ones there.

We love Kringla Bakeri. It's probably my favorite QS in the World Showcase along with France. I think it's sometimes nice to have a more relaxed dinner at your resort too.

BOG and Liberty Tree are family favorites as well! We like BOG dinner more than lunch but I would still do lunch if I couldn't do dinner.

I would totally be happy with this plan. Enjoy!

You've got a lot of our personal favorites on your list!...

You HAVE to check out Tusker House! It's my personal favorite in all of WDW! Thank you for your feedback. It seems we have the same taste in places! ^.^

You HAVE to check out Tusker House! It's my personal favorite in all of WDW! Thank you for your feedback. It seems we have the same taste in places! ^.^

Sounds like we definitely need to try it! Thanks for the recommendation!

I agree about tusker house and antoher sit down being too close. we had a 9am tusker house and a 2:30pm Y&Y trying to cram too much into one day and even though we shared at Y&Y I just was not hungry enough to enjoy it. Tusker House is a BIG meal, I would not plan my next meal less than 7 hours from it. You could maybe go for brunch there (changeover between breakfast and lunch) and then a later dinner.

I agree about tusker house and antoher sit down being too close. we had a 9am tusker house and a 2:30pm Y&Y trying to cram too much into one day and even though we shared at Y&Y I just was not hungry enough to enjoy it. Tusker House is a BIG meal, I would not plan my next meal less than 7 hours from it. You could maybe go for brunch there (changeover between breakfast and lunch) and then a later dinner.

I'm a big fan of doing Tusker House for the last breakfast reservation - lower price, and 2 buffets to choose from. And whenever I do that, I'm not even hungry for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter