crib assembly in ten minutes? REALLY?

MaleficentFan

Been there... done that... GOING BACK!
DH and I will be down in the world with dd and my parents in mid October. I rented a crib from abbf and was wondering... can you REALLY set it up in ten minutes? I only ask because we will be arriving at SSR at around 10 p.m. and dd will be exhausted I'm sure. I'm going to want to get her to bed as soon as possible. Anyone been successful with the quick set up?

Hey, Neighbor!

We used AABF two years ago when my DD was 17 months. We were quite leary of that "ten minute" setup ourselves. My DH isn't what you would call the handy type, if you know what I mean. If you want something destroyed? Demolished? Torn down? He's your guy. But let's just say that during the Christmas season it is I who spend a lot of time putting toys together in the basement. :)

That said, it really was very easy to put together. Maybe not ten minutes, but 15 sounds about right. It is cumbersome - it will come in a huge box - you need to take the pieces out to get ready for assembly. But you don't need any tools and it is quite fool proof. You'll definitely want to put your DH to work on it the minute you get to the room - but it shouldn't be too burdensome.

They do proved bedding and such, but if you haven't already considered it - I would recommend bringing your own bedding from home. We did, and DD slept easier I think because of it. Not to mention I could speak personally to its cleanliness. Not that ABBFs looked dirty, I just have a little OCD I guess.

Thanks neighbor! ;)

The whole "ten minutes" thing... I was skeptical! But I'll have DH and my dad both of whom are handy. I had planned on bringing my own bedding... if for no other reason than to have an extra just in case it needed to be changed in the middle of the night. Plus I'm being completely neurotic about this trip... it's our first trip with dd and she'll only be 6 months. So I'm freaking about her first plane ride, getting through the airport, making sure I have everything she needs. DH just laughs and reminds me that we are not travelling to a third world country and can easily get whatever we forgot in the event that something slips my mind and does not make it onto the almighty packing list! Yeah... I'm a nut... but an organized nut!

We rented 2 cribs for 17 month old twins for our October trip from ABBF and I'm wondering as well. Sounds like it's worth it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter