Crew Cruising on Fantasy for their Vacation

cgolf

DIS Veteran
When we were on board the Fantasy we talked with a couple of the crew and found out that they sometimes bring their families on the ship for vacations. it sounds like some of the other crew do this too and they love the time they spend on the ship as a guest.

I thought this was amazing that you could enjoy vacationing on the ship that you work on. It sounds like some of the crew drinks the Disney Kool-Aid too (probably get a great deal on the cruise too which helps). Disney must be doing something right.

cgolf

I think it depends a lot on the department and position of the crew member. They can also bring family on board while they are working and in some instances get special permission to eat with their family, etc.

When we were on the Magic we had multiple encounters with 2 men and what appeared to be an older female friend, or maybe even mother. They were always in line with us for character photos and were way over the top in their interactions with the characters. It seemed very strange. Anyhow, on the second to last night, while watching Dreams, it hit me. One of the performers was definitely one of the guys we kept running into. :) All the craziness suddenly made sense. :rotfl:

The two that we talked with were a MDR server and one of the Concierge staff. The server really seamed excited about bringing there family on. I also overheard a conversation in the hot tub, that staff can bring friends on at a very cheap rate, as I believe the person was a guest of one of the stage performers.

cgolf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter