Credit for Military Discount after final pmt?

stacieps

DIS Veteran
We are booked on the 3 night Wonder on 4/27. Of course final payment has already been paid. I found out this a.m. that DCL is now offering a military rate for this cruise (was told there was not one at time of booking). The military pricing is $230.72 lower (for the 4 of us) than the rate we paid Dreams Unlimited. I've e-mailed our agent (DU is not open weekends) about getting a credit. Has anyone been successful in doing this?

Its not a huge amount, but enough to pay our tips plus give us $100 for spending $$, so I'd sure like to be able to get it.

If this is like the FL discount rates that come out, your TA will be able to have your total adjusted. :)

Just curious, How did you find out dcl is offering a military rate for that cruise? We are cruising just a couple weeks later and are military, just wondering if theres a military rate for our cruise as well.

We have used the military rate in the past(got the cat 4 veranda for $900. a person)but we booked the week that the cruise left that time. We went through the Tickets and Tours on the base. It is usually releases at the same time that Florida resident rate is released. If you book in advance, you pay your reservation in full and when the rates are released you receive the refund(have to call and request it). The active duty ID card holder has to be there when you check in and can reserve up to 3 rooms.

texasthree said:
Just curious, How did you find out dcl is offering a military rate for that cruise? We are cruising just a couple weeks later and are military, just wondering if theres a military rate for our cruise as well.

Just call DCL and they will let you know if the military rate has been released for your cruise. Your refund comes the same way you paid(refund to your credit card, check in the mail, credit to your checking account). The active duty ID card holder can book up to 3 rooms but has to be present when everyone checks in.

stacieps said:
We are booked on the 3 night Wonder on 4/27. Of course final payment has already been paid. I found out this a.m. that DCL is now offering a military rate for this cruise (was told there was not one at time of booking). The military pricing is $230.72 lower (for the 4 of us) than the rate we paid Dreams Unlimited. I've e-mailed our agent (DU is not open weekends) about getting a credit. Has anyone been successful in doing this?

Its not a huge amount, but enough to pay our tips plus give us $100 for spending $$, so I'd sure like to be able to get it.

The military rate usually isn't available until 2-3 months before the cruise, that's why it wasn't offered at booking. I would definitely consider $230. a good amount of money. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Dreams Unlimited is very good and I'm sure they will be able to get this refund for you. :thumbsup2 If you decide to book another cruise, while you are onboard, you will get the 10% discount, shipboard credit and be able to get the military rate when it is released(you have to have your cruise paid off first). After the 3 day you will definitely want to do the 7 day!

texasthree said:

Someone posted on the DCL board on cruisecritic.com about seeing a flyer on a military post re discounts. The dates they listed that were on the flyer did not include mine but I called Disney to check and was given the reduced rate.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'll see how it works out with DU tomorrow.

We found out about a month ago about the military rates. We were already booked on the March 16 Wonder (just got back!), and AAA gave us the military rate and refunded us the money. The only thing is, we had to give up the stateroom credits that AAA was offering us, but we kept the ones Disney gave us for booking onboard. We still came out $500 ahead total on 2 cabins.

Judy

Wow, thanks for the info! I wouldn't have thought about it. We got a quote from ITT here at Bragg, but it was the same quote as the DCL website. We got our reservations from vacationstogo.com so if our cruise ends up with discounts I'll contact the TA and see what he can do. And yes, I'd look into it for $230! Money is money.

We went on a 7 nt in January and the Military rate came out after we paid the final payment and DCL just credited it back to us we saved over $1700. You have to call and ask them if they have the rates usually if they have FL resident rates for a cruise they will have military. I was searching for discounts on our cruise and didn't see ANY military rates but saw FL resident ones so I called DCL and sure enough they did. We rebooked our next cruise while on board and IF they have military rates for it we will lose the $200 shipboard credit but I tranfered my ressos to DU and got an addition $100 credit which I will be able to keep if they have Military rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter