• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Credit Card Fraud

peajay18

Diamond In The Rough
My wife has been the victim of a credit card fraud (a bogus PayPal transaction)
which means we've had to cancel the card that we used to book the majority of our WDW trip.

It paid for -
  • BA Flights
  • Gatwick Parking
  • Gatwick Hotel
  • WDW accommodation & tickets with WDW UK
  • MNSSHP tickets
  • Wishes Desert Party reservations
  • Seaworld Tickets
  • Universal Tickets
The Universal, Seaworld and MNSSHP tickets are all in hand, and although all of the above is fully paid for,
we're concerned that it might hamper our plans if we don't have the card to hand anymore.

We will have a replacement, but obvioulsy it won't be the same one.

Have any other DISer's had to change credit cards and did it affect your trip unduly?

it happened to me. i emailed the hotel and they said to bring the old card with me. i also brought the letter from the credit card company with the details of the new card etc. i had also paid for everyhing like you had. it was fine, nobody asked, but it was reassuring to know i had explanatory details. youll be fine. really.

it happened to me. i emailed the hotel and they said to bring the old card with me. i also brought the letter from the credit card company with the details of the new card etc. i had also paid for everyhing like you had. it was fine, nobody asked, but it was reassuring to know i had explanatory details. youll be fine. really.

Thanks very much - it's good to hear someone else had no major problems in a similar situation.

I don't foresee any big difficulties, but thought it was worth checking first.

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

It happened to me too a couple of months ago and caused me a few days stress. I rang everyone once the matter had been flagged by the Credit Card Company they cancelled my card immediately (I destroyed the old onethere and then in a shredder) and issued a new one with a different number it took a couple of days to arrive in the post quickly followed by my pin number. Then I had to explain what had occured and everyone was great about it they have taken my new card details to apply to the purchases still to be made so when we check in or pick up items I will not need my old card details. All in all very professionally handled I can't fault them and it is why I pay the extra for ID theft and card protection from fraud. Hopefully everything will be sorted out and running smoothly by the time we arrive in WDW. Ohh must ring them on Monday to inform them we'll be away:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter