Crazy Prep

Eeyore's Wife

DIS Veteran
In under 30 hours we will be hitting the road for an eleven hour car ride to Disneyland and the Candy Cane Inn! The car is gassed, got an oil change and tire rotation today. The backseats of the suv are stowed to make room for all our luggage.

Our Food bag has been packed since I went grocery shopping last saturday. My son's bag has been packed for more than a week! My gigantic bag is packed as well.

I have obsessed over the weather predictions, reconsidered each item going at least twice, and my husband wore a Mickey Mouse T-shirt to work today as he begins the mental process of getting in "Disney-mode."

I have all my disney sing along CD's in the car and have been getting my heart ready for the Tiki Room, POTC, and Fantasmic!

This trip will include a special visit to Club 33. A very cute little black dress has been purchased for the event, and I want to wear heals, so I had to find a black bag that will hold my heels for the hike to the restaurant, which will then hold my sensible flats during dinner.

I have my lime green mickey heads prepared to wear while we are in the parks. My husband doesn't seem all that enthused about the prospect, but I offered to wear his Mickey in the middle of my forehead if he didn't want to wear it, and I think I will get him to relent and wear his adorable lime mickey head.

I bought the boys matching white button down shirts from Disney shopping which have a beautifully embroidered Mickey head and their initials on the front. They will be going to Club 33 in sophisticated Mickey gear. I also got them matching Grumpy and POTC shirts to wear in the parks.

I have at least two and often three Ridemax schedules for each day of the trip depending upon our moods. I took those schedules today and had them laminated so that they won't get crushed, blurred, or soggy. I have programmed the Anaheim Mimi's, Buca, and Pizza joints phone numbers into my phone so that I can order take out or put myself on the waiting list for a seat before we leave the parks.

So, if you are going to be in the park from May 18-23 and see a crazy lady with color coordinated family members, all wearing water pack backpacks, with lime green mickey key chains ...well then that will be me!

Whee!

-Eeyore's Wife

How exciting!! You are so lucky to get into Club 33 :worship: ; how'd ya swing that? Hope you have a load of fun!!!:cool1: :banana:

I am a "Disney Nut" according to my family and friends. My husband also really likes Disney, but isn't quite as extreme as I am. He was discussing our family obsession with all things Mickey with a co-worker who had just moved from southern California. The co-worker had a friend with a membership, and so through a friend of a friend, I get to eat at Club 33.

I never thought I would be able to do this, and it really is a dream come true. Every time we take a vacation to Disney I come back with such wonderful memories and feel refreshed and ready to take on the real world again. Every time we go to a non-Disney vacation, I think to myself, I could have used this money to visit Disney, and I usually come back from those vacations feeling like a need a vacation to recover from my vacation.

I really want to take a cruise, but that may have to wait until after braces and then college are paid for, but I love the Disney dream. I get back from one vacation and start planning the next.

-Eeyore's Wife

I'm curious as to why Club 33 is so appealing to so many people. Is it the sense of mystery or is there something else to it?

Sleepless Knight,

I cannot speak as to the attraction of Club 33 to others, but for me, I enjoy "walking in Walt's footsteps" and while he died before Club 33 opened, he was involved in its planning. I have heard that there are great pictures of Walt and historic Disney in the restaurant, as well as props from some of my favorite movies, including a table used in Mary Poppins.

In addition, I really enjoy having quiet sit down dinners when our family is on vacation. Walt Disney World in Florida offers so many wonderful places that fit the bill, so to speak. While I enjoy Disneyland more in most respects, I miss some of the fine dining options that are available in Florida. There are only so many times I want to eat at the Blue Bayou, and while the ambiance there is lovely, I have had a few food items which were not that wonderful while dining there.

Lastly, I want to visit Club 33 because I never thought I would be able to visit. In my mind, it was a place for celebrities, the very wealthy, and seemed beyond even my dreams as a young child. To be able to eat there as an adult, well it makes the little girl inside of me feel like a princess, and I am accutely aware that in many respects my life is so much better as an adult than I even dared to dream as a child.

Oh, I love your name, and my husband, a Star Wars NUT wishes you the best on your quest to find your Jedi Princess.

--Eeyore's Wife

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter