Crapanola! Got free dining PIN, but has Mom's name on it! UPDATE! PIXIE DUST ALERT!!

roscoepc1

DIS Veteran
She travelled with us two years ago, and Mom and Dad don't have a computer so we used our email account for everything...

Finally get a PIN, and it's HER name! It's US who's going! lol...I'm not bitter...I'm actually laughing about it...just our luck!:lmao:

My luck must have rubbed off on you!! I would love to get a free dining pin for December! I don't like my chances since I have never gotten one before! haha

She travelled with us two years ago, and Mom and Dad don't have a computer so we used our email account for everything...

Finally get a PIN, and it's HER name! It's US who's going! lol...I'm not bitter...I'm actually laughing about it...just our luck!:lmao:

Can your mom purchase it for you in her name and then you can pay her right back. Not sure if that is allowed, but maybe you can look into it.:goodvibes

Our pins always show up in my Mom's name --- not sure why. It is mailed to my address with her name. Is there anywhere to write/email to change it in the database?

One time my mother and I were going to Disney and we got the PIN under my father's name only. (he wasn't going). The agent then proceeded to look under my mother's name and she found a pin for her (it was unadvertised.) Ask the agent to look under your or someone else's name (who is going on the trip with you.)

I got one for an old boyfriend. That one really stung, not being able to use it and seeing HIS name in my mailbox!

Lisa

I've used one with my mom's name before. When I made the reservation under my name, they just questioned who the name was connected to the pin number. I said, "My mom" and the guy booked it without an issue. I don't know if I just got lucky though.

Is it under your address too, or just your E-mail account? We had the same thing happen. My Mom doesn't have a computer either. I used our address too and got all her Mickey mail at my house. Because the pin was attached to our address, we were allowed to use it when I called to check. I just called and said it came to my E-mail and was for my address, but came in my Mom's name. They told me as long as the address matched up it was not a problem, but that if a different address had been attached to it that we would not have been able to use it.

Is it under your address too, or just your E-mail account? We had the same thing happen. My Mom doesn't have a computer either. I used our address too and got all her Mickey mail at my house. Because the pin was attached to our address, we were allowed to use it when I called to check. I just called and said it came to my E-mail and was for my address, but came in my Mom's name. They told me as long as the address matched up it was not a problem, but that if a different address had been attached to it that we would not have been able to use it.

I don't know....how would I find that out??:confused3

THEY LET ME USE IT!!!!!!!

I phoned b/c a couple of you said they might let me, and they DID!!!!:cool1::dance3::yay::cheer2:

She said, "Oh, I have a different name associated with this!" and I said, "Yes, my Mom's, she uses our computer" and she applied it!

WOOHOO! It's Quick Service, rather than the full plan, but now I have a $500 credit to use!

You can also request to have one TS added to your plan if you want. It was worth it for us becasue we wanted character meals and other restaurants. We just paid an additional fee per person but still came ahead $300.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter