Crafts onboard

Good question! I’d be interested in the all ages crafts to see if we could bring our young kids.

Hello,
We have experienced various crafts on board the ships. Aside from an ornament craft, they have all been family friendly and the cast members hosting are always very patient and engaging with my little ones (currently 3 and 8). On our recent cruises, there were fewer crafts offered than in "before times, " however, we still enjoyed making door hangers, memory orbs, and even a wooden anchor craft. I noticed they had memory pages on board as well, though we did not get to that one on the last cruise. I hope this helps.

Hello,
We have experienced various crafts on board the ships. Aside from an ornament craft, they have all been family friendly and the cast members hosting are always very patient and engaging with my little ones (currently 3 and 8). On our recent cruises, there were fewer crafts offered than in "before times, " however, we still enjoyed making door hangers, memory orbs, and even a wooden anchor craft. I noticed they had memory pages on board as well, though we did not get to that one on the last cruise. I hope this helps.
I saw the wood anchor mentioned - can you tell me about it? and what is a memory orb?

Good Morning,

The wood anchor craft is a thin round piece of wood with an anchor cut out in the middle. It's actually pretty cool. They have markers and glitter and glue there to decorate it.

The memory orb is like a clear ornament. They have cute sequins and Disney cruise paper scraps to put in it. They usually will take a quick instant picture of your family to put in as well, and you can write down a magical memory to add to it if you wish.

All in all, the crafts are usually engaging, and appropriate for any skill set and most age groups. I hope you have a chance to check a few out!

Thanks for sharing! We avoided these but sound like we can definitely do them with our littles!

We once did an oragami (spelling?) "class." We all managed to make a few simple things, and I'd never managed to do this before. It was a fun little activity but nothing I'd go especially out of my way for.

Good Morning,

The wood anchor craft is a thin round piece of wood with an anchor cut out in the middle. It's actually pretty cool. They have markers and glitter and glue there to decorate it.

The memory orb is like a clear ornament. They have cute sequins and Disney cruise paper scraps to put in it. They usually will take a quick instant picture of your family to put in as well, and you can write down a magical memory to add to it if you wish.

All in all, the crafts are usually engaging, and appropriate for any skill set and most age groups. I hope you have a chance to check a few out!
The memory orbs sound really cool! I'm curious if that is on the recent (fantasy), options?

We've mostly done them on the Very Merrytime Cruises. Pre-COVID, they were packed! Plenty of people sitting on the floor and when we were doing an Olaf ornament, the cast members actually did most of them due to time. We've done the animation classes as well. Next cruise, we'll check to see what's being offered.

Okay, not sure if this is the correct forum. Also, my cruise isn’t until December 2022 (on the Magic), and I know things will change several times before then.

At one point, pre-COVID, I saw something about someone doing a painting (?) of the rose under glass, from Beauty and the Beast? Is this still a “thing”? I FULLY know that things have been discontinued and will change, I was just curious if this was a thing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter