Craft beer drinkers unite

If it's like their fancy cognac, etc. then every person who buys an ounce has their name out into a pool and when the bottle is gone they draw a name. The one drawn is the one who gets the bottle.
When I was on the Dream at the end of August one of the waiters in the 687 was telling me about the Utopia, think it was $300 for the bottle, not sure how much by the glass. I did the beer tasting and was the only one there, but it was fun, the bar tender was great!

When I was on the Dream at the end of August one of the waiters in the 687 was telling me about the Utopia, think it was $300 for the bottle, not sure how much by the glass. I did the beer tasting and was the only one there, but it was fun, the bar tender was great!

$300 for a bottle on board isn't really that much of a markup. It runs roughly $200 retail in liquor stores.

Does anyone know what the beer selection is like at the Speedway gas station by Disney Springs? Or anything particularly new and good at Disney Springs ?

There's an app named Beers and Ears that gave you a list of all the beers in Disney and where they were. It used to be pretty good. I don't know if it is up to date these days, though.

HEY DCL, discover August Schell Brewing Company out of New Ulm, MN. The SECOND oldest family run brewery in the US. They have much better beer than the oldest family run brewery in the US, which I won't name it. I especially like their Firebrick, they have a Pilsner with flavor and a great tasting hoppy beer.

$300 for a bottle on board isn't really that much of a markup. It runs roughly $200 retail in liquor stores.
I paid $113 Canadian for this year's version, through our provincial liquor store, and got a very nice free glass :-)

There's an app named Beers and Ears that gave you a list of all the beers in Disney and where they were. It used to be pretty good. I don't know if it is up to date these days, though.
I have used their website (no android app) , it is good but I don't think it's updated that much.I will check again.

I paid $113 Canadian for this year's version, through our provincial liquor store, and got a very nice free glass :-)

They didn't make it this year... It's on the odd years, but I think LCBO got, for some reason, over 300 bottles this year. It's crazy that they sat on bottles for that long and then underpriced them. I still have vouchers for two more of the Riedel glasses that I need to use.

They didn't make it this year... It's on the odd years, but I think LCBO got, for some reason, over 300 bottles this year. It's crazy that they sat on bottles for that long and then underpriced them. I still have vouchers for two more of the Riedel glasses that I need to use.
That is odd, I kind of wondered about the date but thought maybe it had been bottle aged for a year. Maybe the LCBO misplaced them! I just had to email the Sam Addams distributor or something and they mailed the glass to me. My brother in law paid about the same through lcbo a year ago too, or maybe it was 2 years ago, or 3 lol.

Difficult to get the Riedel glasses here in the States in a lot of places. Tennessee doesn't allow Sam Adams to ship them to me, so I have to have them sent to family in Washington and they send them to me. Stupid state laws.

I figured this might be a good question about beer aboard the Dream. Not a "craft" beer but does anyone know if they have Bass Ale on tap?

I snapped a couple shots of the Crown and Fin menu on the Wonder last week. It's pretty similar to the Dream one above, but not exactly. I think one draft is made specifically for them. FYI - my beer snob father LOVED Crown and Fin. It is a really neat space, for one thing (it was typically fairly busy compared to other adult areas), but he mostly love Laurence. (I believe I am remembering his name correctly!) Laurence was previously on the Fantasy, and he was asked to move to the Wonder to open Crown and Fin. He led a beer tasting that was my dad's single favorite experience of the entire cruise. And then he wore his little Celebrator goat trinket around on his shirt button for the rest of the day, like some beer tasting badge of honor, the goofball.

I'm a terrible photographer, so fortunately the menu is posted elsewhere! http://disneycruiselineblog.com/men...nk-menus-azure-cadillac-lounge-crown-fin-pub/

I hate to say it, but that's a pretty meh beer menu. The "enthusiast" selection is more than 50% standard Belgian beers. There's nothing even remotely adventurous on there. All chosen to appeal to a mainstream market. At least they have Loose Cannon, which is a solid IPA, especially when fresh.

I hate to say it, but that's a pretty meh beer menu. The "enthusiast" selection is more than 50% standard Belgian beers. There's nothing even remotely adventurous on there. All chosen to appeal to a mainstream market. At least they have Loose Cannon, which is a solid IPA, especially when fresh.
That was what he drank most days, actually. I'm not going to disagree that it's a lame menu. My dad thought it was very odd that an English-themed pub barely served anything from Great Britain, which when he said it - did make me scratch my head a bit. But what do I know - the only thing I ever ordered in there was the bourbon cocktail, ha. And I think the Crown and Fin one may have been the only thing he'd never had before. However, the atmosphere and talking beer with Laurence remained his favorites of the trip.

That was what he drank most days, actually. I'm not going to disagree that it's a lame menu. My dad thought it was very odd that an English-themed pub barely served anything from Great Britain, which when he said it - did make me scratch my head a bit. But what do I know - the only thing I ever ordered in there was the bourbon cocktail, ha. And I think the Crown and Fin one may have been the only thing he'd never had before. However, the atmosphere and talking beer with Laurence remained his favorites of the trip.

He must have been feeling pretty good during that cruise, Loose Cannon has a 7% ABV.

I think the Crown and Fin one may have been the only thing he'd never had before. However, the atmosphere and talking beer with Laurence remained his favorites of the trip.

If he's had a Budweiser/AB-InBev product he's most likely had the Crown and Fin. O'Gills on the Fantasy is Red Hook, as is 687 on the Dream. They're just renamed/branded for Disney. Much like Disney's Fairytale Cuvee sparkling wine is Iron Horse Wedding Cuvee in the non-Disney world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter