CP Traditions-wear

littlewitch34

DIS Veteran
Hello. I am so very lost on what to buy to wear to Traditions and training, etc. I know what the guidelines are for the Look, but... Everything I look at reads as a "clinging knit" to me!

If any of you have pictures of what you wore, or could possibly show me pictures of things to wear, that would be very helpful! I have to wait until I get down to Florida to pick up appropriate clothes, because I live in New England and nothing up here will be something I could wear in Florida, because of the temperature differences. Nothing sold up here now is really Florida-weather appropriate!

I'm a guy so I wore a shirt and tie but I would say based on what I remember business casual would be appropriate. I'm old school WDWCP, I am just wasting time before heading to the office and saw this from the main page, so I decided to try and help :goodvibes

Are you driving? The Florida Mall is about 20 minutes away from where you will be living.

Hope this helps, I did a quick google search for business casual here is an example:

business-casual1.jpg

why dont you google...you ll find plenty of information!!

I know what business casual is. I wear it to work sometimes at my job I was holding at my school. Unfortunately, Disney has very specific guidelines as to what is appropriate (some fabrics are not, some cuts of pant are not, etc) so just googling isn't super-helpful for me :-(

I'm a guy so I wore a shirt and tie but I would say based on what I remember business casual would be appropriate. I'm old school WDWCP, I am just wasting time before heading to the office and saw this from the main page, so I decided to try and help :goodvibes

Are you driving? The Florida Mall is about 20 minutes away from where you will be living.

Hope this helps, I did a quick google search for business casual here is an example:

business-casual1.jpg

Thank you! I think I could get away with some of what they're wearing. Luckily, I am going down to Florida a week early before my arrival date to spend time with my grandmother. I'm sure I can find some things to wear that are Florida-weather appropriate!

sent you a picture....

Again, thank you! That pic was sort of what I was hoping was within the guidelines, but any sweater reads as "clinging" to me lol

I'm a bit stuck with the "clingy" problem as well. I should be alright but the one shirt I am intending on wearing is somewhat tight fitted. It's entirely business oriented though so I'm hoping it will be fine. I seriously cannot afford an entire new wardrobe!

They're really not that strict. Just wear what you'd wear to a professional interview and you'll be fine. They just don't want any sort of casual wear. i even saw girls wearing skirts way too short and low cut shirts and they didnt say anything to them at my traditions...so I wouldnt worry.

I'm a bit stuck with the "clingy" problem as well. I should be alright but the one shirt I am intending on wearing is somewhat tight fitted. It's entirely business oriented though so I'm hoping it will be fine. I seriously cannot afford an entire new wardrobe!

Seriously! Everything is clingy on me, damn it! I'm curvy!

They're really not that strict. Just wear what you'd wear to a professional interview and you'll be fine. They just don't want any sort of casual wear. i even saw girls wearing skirts way too short and low cut shirts and they didnt say anything to them at my traditions...so I wouldnt worry.

This is, oddly, very comforting. Thank you.

Just because you didn't seem them spoken too doesn't mean they weren't... we're very sly in order to not embarrass anyone!

As for clingy... that's not what we're focused on. Things that stand out to me on women, when checking Disney Look, are see through tops and cleavage.

Just make sure you're covered everywhere, you hair is combed, you're wearing professional shoes (it's easiest to just wear close toe/heel) and you have minimal jewelry. And for the ladies - don't wear heels. There's a walking tour in Traditions, your feet will hurt and inevitably you'll start walking funny to avoid the pain (and we'll all be laughing at you in our heads).

If you have any questions let me know... I can tell you whether or not I'd send you home!

Just because you didn't seem them spoken too doesn't mean they weren't... we're very sly in order to not embarrass anyone!

As for clingy... that's not what we're focused on. Things that stand out to me on women, when checking Disney Look, are see through tops and cleavage.

Just make sure you're covered everywhere, you hair is combed, you're wearing professional shoes (it's easiest to just wear close toe/heel) and you have minimal jewelry. And for the ladies - don't wear heels. There's a walking tour in Traditions, your feet will hurt and inevitably you'll start walking funny to avoid the pain (and we'll all be laughing at you in our heads).

If you have any questions let me know... I can tell you whether or not I'd send you home!

That's really really useful! Thanks a lot!

I do have a question, though. Is a sweater professional enough?

This is a picture of me and my roommate before our Traditions class. It was this past January in case your wondering. I wore black pumps with my outfit (I'm the blonde) and she wore brown flats. I believe I brought a pair of black flats in my bag. Hope this helps. :)

IMG_0007-1.jpg

Well, I can't walk in heels, so flats were my only option anywaY! This is very helpful. Thank you!

This is a picture of me and my roommate at before our Traditions class. It was this past January in case your wondering. I wore black pumps with my outfit (I'm the blonde) and she wore brown flats. I believe I brought a pair of black flats in my bag. Hope this helps. :)

IMG_0007-1.jpg

Thank you very much!!

Remember that it can, and may be chilly here. Today the high was only 51 with 25+ MPH winds. Tonight's low is 24 so if you're the early traditions, you'll WANT those New England warm clothes.

I totally agree with bringing warm clothes! The day I checked in last year (Jan 11th) it was literally in the teens when I woke up and went to go wait outside of Vista. I wore a pea coat over my traditions outfit and definitely did not regret it.

Remember that it can, and may be chilly here. Today the high was only 51 with 25+ MPH winds. Tonight's low is 24 so if you're the early traditions, you'll WANT those New England warm clothes.

We're in the middle of a blizzard, so I'd love a high of 51! I am used to being out and about in low temps. I'll have a little warm clothes from up here (after all, I am flying down in February and airports are chilly!) so I think I can manage. Layering's the name of the game. I can't be wearing anything clingy when I have six shirts on! (New England joke. I will not wear six shirts at WDW).

When i did traditions at DLRs CP they were pretty lax on what we could wear since the book they had for us was "outdated" according to the guy who led our group around...

I don't have a picture from before when I looked "nice" and not all sweaty (it was like 103 that day and we were in the park for over 4 hrs! LOL it was a blast though) I do have this one of me and hello kitty lol!

They also let us wear tennis shoes since we did a ton of walking throughout the park :) when you arrive they will tell you and give you a packet on what to do for traditions, but hopefully this will help.

i just wore black slacks, a blazer from forever 21, and a red shirt with a cami underneath.

108104.png

I am curious? Is it more appropriate to wear a blazer if you are a female, or is an appropriate dress blouse with dress pants/shoes acceptable? I am wondering how many blazers, if any I should purchase.

Don't purchase a blazer, you don't need it.

Your facilitators will be in suits... everyone else is likely to be in a dress blouse. I never purchased a blazer and/or suit until I started teaching the class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter