Cozumel excursions

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
What are some typical excursions offered on a 4-night cruise out of Galveston? Cozumel is the only port we will visit. (November 2020). Someone mentioned a beach day of some kind on a RCCL cruise but I don't remember what it was.

There are a lot of beach day options that are offered in Cozumel. We did one that was really fun separate from Disney. Usually its pretty easy to pick where you want to go and jump into a taxi when you get to the port in Cozumel.

The one that seems to be most popular is called Playa Mia. The way it was explained to us was that it was the most popular location to go if you had kids but there are a TON of all inclusive day resorts in Cozumel. I would definitely encourage taking a look on trip advisor. They have lots of good advice and reviews.

What are some typical excursions offered on a 4-night cruise out of Galveston? Cozumel is the only port we will visit. (November 2020). Someone mentioned a beach day of some kind on a RCCL cruise but I don't remember what it was.
Unless you want to go to Chichen Itza for the history/culture, I recommend a beach club day like the PP suggested.

We'll have grandkids ages 6 and 8 with us so no ruins on this trip. Hesitant to count on a trip by taxi until we get car seats figured out. Kids are small for their ages but the Bumble Bums might work for them by then...lots of time to grow!

Another option is a visit to XCaret. It requires a sometimes rough ferry ride (like a lot of non-beach excursions) and a short bus ride but the result is a wonderful visit, with a long river swim, plenty of animals, and a bit of Mexican culture. The included lunch is pretty good.

Chankanaab Nat'l Park has a lot to do. We did a dolphin swim there. They also have a beach, pool, restaurant, tequila hut, sea lion show, and more. You can sign up with Disney to do an excursion there or just take a taxi there. It's about 15-20 mins from the port. My dd was 8 yrs old when we went and she really enjoyed it.

Last edited:
We have gone to Cozumel twice. The first trip was just my husband and I on our honeymoon. We did the dolphin encounter. We had a lot of fun at this. A year ago we went on a Disney Cruise with a 11 and 12 year old. We went on an excursion on a boat where you sat below the boat with windows to look out at all the different fish. My husband and kids loved it. On this cruise I was sea sick. Only a few seconds below deck and it made the sea sick really bad despite taking bonine and wearing sea bands. I spent the time on this boat sitting above water. If you get sea sick this would not be a great one to go on but if you don't it would be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter