Cozumel Anyone changing plans?

Sinderelly

Princess
This will be our first cruise and our honeymoon. We are trying to decide what we would like to do in each port. We were thinking of renting a jeep on our own in Cozumel and driving around the island.

Now we are definitely re-thinking with the travel alert. Has anyone else altered their original plans due to the new travel concenrs? We are thinking about booking an excursion through DCL or maybe stay on the boat? :confused3

As I understand it, the problems you're reading about are along the border with the US and that immediate area.

Don't worry about Cozumel. As you noted, it's an island and very much there for the tourist trade.

Enjoy your visit.

We wouldn't hestitate to rent a jeep and tour on our own. Cozumel is wonderful especially the East Side.

Having been to several places in Mexico, I would have NO concerns about touring Cozumel on my own. It's very much a tourist area, and I don't think it's changed at all to warrant a travel alert for that area of Mexico. Cozumel is a nice port, and definitely worth getting off of the ship to see. DH and I have been there shopping (just a short walk from the ship) and on another trip we taxied to Mr. Sancho's beach area, which was wonderful.

I agree with what's been said, however, there is nothing at all wrong with staying on the ship. It's not crowded and everything's open.

If you're nervous just go ashore and see what's up, no need to book an excursion. You can book something last-minute on shore if it feels right.

And since you're new I'll try to break you of the habit of calling it a "boat." A boat is a piece of equipment on a ship. If it has a name it's not a boat! (with the exception of submarines by tradition.) it's all because of the "love boat." I guess "love ship" didn't sound right.

Can someone who has rented a jeep on Cozumel tell me what all they did? We are renting a VW in May.

<

It's a love boat to us we will be honeymoonin. :bride:

I would love to hear anyone's experience driving a jeep in Cozumel or is it better to rent a car?

Can someone who has rented a jeep on Cozumel tell me what all they did? We are renting a VW in May.

<

We didn't arrange ahead of time. We got a rental from a familiar named company. Don't remember which one now. When we got the jeep, we got an island map. We went to the local ruins, San Gervasia, and spent a couple hours there. We than went towards the other side of the island, had lunch. We than stopped at a beach. Be sure to allow enough time to refill.

Have you checked out the Cozumel Excursion Reviews linked in the DIS DCL FAQ thread? There is one for on your own and another for an excursion so you can compare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter