• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

COVID Vaccine QR Code?

neurosx1983

Mouseketeer
One question I can't seem to find an answer to - I just uploaded my COVID vaccine card into safe travels account for July 9th trip. The site accepted the card but also said the hard copy of the card would be 'verified at the airport to qualify for the exemption'

Does this mean if we are uploading vaccine cards, we do NOT get a QR code and thus cannot "Preclear" at mainland airports/receive a wristband? If the state wants to verify the vaccine cards, does that mean we have to wait in a long line upon arrival?

Is anyone out there with a trip coming up after July 8 thinking about just doing a rapid COVID test (like ID NOW) and just getting it over with quickly/getting a QR code/getting cleared at the local airport instead of dealing with the hassle of standing in a line to have someone verify the card?

Within 24 hours of your trip you have to log back into the safe travels account and do the health questionnaire. Once you acknowledge you're not sick you get the QR code. I'm going the 9th and have no plans to get a test. Getting vaccinated is no guarantee you won't test positive and what happens if you do test positive? Depending on your airline, they may check you beforehand and give a wristband so you don't have to stand in line when you get off the plane

Within 24 hours of your trip you have to log back into the safe travels account and do the health questionnaire. Once you acknowledge you're not sick you get the QR code. I'm going the 9th and have no plans to get a test. Getting vaccinated is no guarantee you won't test positive and what happens if you do test positive? Depending on your airline, they may check you beforehand and give a wristband so you don't have to stand in line when you get off the plane

I totally agree. I wouldn't be getting tested because I'm worried I might be positive, I would be getting tested to make sure I could get the 'all clear' on the safe travels site before I depart instead of risking someone in Hawaii rejecting the COVID vaccine card for whatever reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter