Covid testing?

Jbrownell

Earning My Ears
Hi,

My family is planning on taking a road trip from MA to WDW in January. We have to have COVID testing done prior to leaving FL so that we can return to work and school. Just wondering if anyone has done this? Has anyone used the testing site near AK? We're curious if the site is just for residents and whether you have to pay for the testing? Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

The Brownell Family

Hi,

My family is planning on taking a road trip from MA to WDW in January. We have to have COVID testing done prior to leaving FL so that we can return to work and school. Just wondering if anyone has done this? Has anyone used the testing site near AK? We're curious if the site is just for residents and whether you have to pay for the testing? Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

The Brownell Family
First, I’m in MA too so can you take me with you?! Haha. Anyways, I’m not sure about the one near AK, but there’s an Advent Health in Disney Springs that does rapid tests. Have a great trip!

We just drove down and back from CT and had to get Covid tested in FL before our return. We went to Buena Vista Urgent Care walk-in. Quick and easy. Our insurance covered it and we had our results the next day. I think it was a 6 minute ride from CCV.

Last edited:
We are also from CT and went to Buena Vista Urgent Care Walk-in Clinic.
About a 5 -10 min. drive from the Boardwalk Resort.
In and out in less than an hour and they took our insurance as well.
Had both a rapid test and PCR test done while there.
Told PCR test results could take 4 - 5 business days for the results to be
emailed to me, but hoping its a little quicker.
Update : Got the results in two days.

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for your responses! We really appreciate your help. Fingers crossed that we get to go!!!

Did you guys have to show up early in the morning? Or could you walk-in anytime? Also from CT and headed down next week! Want to plan around the test :-)

@Zoop - Did this facility test children as well? I read the FAQs re Maingate location and suggests "anyone 18 and older" We are from PA and need to get a test as well- 2 kids under 12 in tow.

We are also thinking of driving down from MA for Feb vacation week. I won’t lie— I’m stressed about all the logistics. Still on the fence. We have driven twice before, but never during covid.

Hi,

Thanks!

The Brownell Family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter