Covid testing site at MCO?

Miffy

DIS Veteran
I may be coming to WDW from NY in a couple of months and as of the moment, in order to get out of quarantining once arriving back in NY, a covid test is necessary. Is there somewhere at MCO where I can get this? Thanks.

I may be coming to WDW from NY in a couple of months and as of the moment, in order to get out of quarantining once arriving back in NY, a covid test is necessary. Is there somewhere at MCO where I can get this? Thanks.
Yes. Sponsored by Advent Health on Level 3 [We're ticketing is]. Thursday - Monday 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM, closed Tuesday and Wednesday. Cost is $65 paid at the site. Appointments are available but walk-ups are accommodated as well. You can check out the OIA website for up to date information.

Yes. Sponsored by Advent Health on Level 3 [We're ticketing is]. Thursday - Monday 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM, closed Tuesday and Wednesday. Cost is $65 paid at the site. Appointments are available but walk-ups are accommodated as well. You can check out the OIA website for up to date information.
Oh, excellent. Thanks so much for this, @PCFriar80.
I'm hoping that by May this might not be necessary, especially as I've been vaccinated.

Oh, excellent. Thanks so much for this, @PCFriar80.
I'm hoping that by May this might not be necessary, especially as I've been vaccinated.

Be sure to see what kind of test or tests they offer and compare that to what NY requires. NY may not care what type but if they say requires a PCR test and MCO only has the rapid molecular you would be out of luck. No need to waste money and time.

Be sure to see what kind of test or tests they offer and compare that to what NY requires. NY may not care what type but if they say requires a PCR test and MCO only has the rapid molecular you would be out of luck. No need to waste money and time.
FWIW, it's just the rapid-result antigen testing, providing results in approximately 15 minutes.

FWIW, it's just the rapid-result antigen testing, providing results in approximately 15 minutes.

Good to know.

I'm not sure if NY (or any state) even cares what type of test, but better to be safe than out of $$ and time :)

Just curious, what happens to people at MCO when they test positive? Surely you can't just go ahead and get on a plane and promise to quarantine once you get return to NY? Or maybe you can?

I'll quadruple-check everything before I leave . . . assuming I go. Still a lot of time between now and then.

No, I hadn't seen this. Thanks so much for posting it. But . . . 90 days? This vaccine had better last longer than that.

That's probably a precaution for the time being, based on not enough people having immunity from the virus for more than 90 days. Hoping the vaccine lasts a lot longer than that, and they time frame will be extended once we get more data.

If you are going with children or other un-vaccinated persons, they would still have to get tested or quarantined.

That's probably a precaution for the time being, based on not enough people having immunity from the virus for more than 90 days. Hoping the vaccine lasts a lot longer than that, and they time frame will be extended once we get more data.

If you are going with children or other un-vaccinated persons, they would still have to get tested or quarantined.
Thanks, @LadyBeBop. I figured as much--about the 90 days--but I was surprised to see it.

If you have had C19 in the past 90 days some states are not requiring a test or a quarantine now when returning.

NY not so much... but the vaccinated step is an AWESOME change! I'm freeeeee!
I know what you mean . . . but note that it's still to be determined how well the vaccination works against the new strains. So I'm cautiously optimistic, which is still way better than a few months ago.

NY not so much... but the vaccinated step is an AWESOME change! I'm freeeeee!

It surprises me that they are allowing for the vax but not if you have had it, but maybe in time. Hoping more states allow for the vax exemption soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter