• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

COVID Testing for Daughter's Friend

Maxwell42

Mouseketeer
So we have an unusual situation regarding pre-flight COVID testing that I'd appreciate some feedback on. We depart DFW for Kona (Big Island first, then a few nights at Aulani) on July 6, and my daughter is bringing a friend who is flying down on July 3 from Wisconsin to join us. (I'm really irked that Hawaii is dropping testing requirements on July 8, but that's for another thread.) The friend is 17 years old. Due to the timing of her flight down, we will need to get everyone tested after she arrives in DFW on the 3rd.

Because she's a minor, and we need to seek testing and upload results without her parents being present, I'm a little unsure what we'll need in terms of documentation/authorization to (a) obtain her COVID test and (b) enter her results in the Safe Travels system. Any advice is welcome!

You can add the 17 y/o to your Safe Travels account b/c she is a minor. Easy. When she gets Covid tested, have her use your email for the results report. Upload & Done.

So we have an unusual situation regarding pre-flight COVID testing that I'd appreciate some feedback on. We depart DFW for Kona (Big Island first, then a few nights at Aulani) on July 6, and my daughter is bringing a friend who is flying down on July 3 from Wisconsin to join us. (I'm really irked that Hawaii is dropping testing requirements on July 8, but that's for another thread.) The friend is 17 years old. Due to the timing of her flight down, we will need to get everyone tested after she arrives in DFW on the 3rd.

Because she's a minor, and we need to seek testing and upload results without her parents being present, I'm a little unsure what we'll need in terms of documentation/authorization to (a) obtain her COVID test and (b) enter her results in the Safe Travels system. Any advice is welcome!
Yes, as previous poster said. You can add her to your trip, because she is a minor on Safe Travels site, then you will upload a pdf of her results under her her name, just as you do for your own. If it is an online sign up for the testing you can have her parent sign her up for the test and then forward the results email to you.

If you can go to Walgreens, her parents can fill out the form online and call to give permission. You have to keep pushing buttons to talk to someone in the pharmacy, but we did it for our kids last week who were out of state and needed to be tested and it worked fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter